General Area in 95835>Question Details

shouldwerelo…, Renter in Sacramento, CA

Best place to live West of Sac? Job relocate is in Sac..

Asked by shouldwerelocate, Sacramento, CA Thu Mar 13, 2014

Answers

4
Perhaps ask your employer for some guidance/suggestions; best areas are all about personal preferences, budgets, wants, needs, lifestyle; therefore consider researching areas of interest on your own, and take the time to visit more than once, then determine where your comfort level can best be reached; don't simply just entertain what other people think or say, another's opinion may not be anywhere near the best thing for you...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 13, 2014
Does your husband work near hwy 50 and 16th St or hwy 16? I would suggest West Sacramento if you want to be west of Sacramento because it's still close to downtown. Traffic over the causeway in between W Sac and Davis is often congested with traffic during rush hour. There are many great neighborhoods throughout Sacramento as well. I'm helping a couple relocate from NY right now so if you have any questions about Sacramento feel free to ask.
Try West Sacramento, which is in Yolo County. There are also many good areas of Sacramento that would probably be an easy commute. You should speak to some of your coworkers when you get here about the area. Let me know if I can help further.
If you are working in Sacramento, why would you consider moving to West Sacramento? Although, West Sac is close and more affordable than Midtown. Below is a link to search for homes in West Sacramento. The "state" streets feature many affordable older, classic homes, whereas newer area such as Southport and Bridgeway Lakes are popular as well.
Hello Should We Relocate: I would also suggest Curtis Park and Land Park as alternate affordable options for you. Those homes are located in 95818. We can send you listings if you like.
Flag Thu Mar 13, 2014
Thank you for your response! I have only been to Napa area and loved it, so was wanting to be close to that at the same time decent distance to my husbands office in Sacramento near where the 50 meets th 16
Flag Thu Mar 13, 2014