General Area in Jacksonville>Question Details

Nicole Marie, Home Buyer in Oak Brook, IL

Best/Safe area's in Jacksonville

Asked by Nicole Marie, Oak Brook, IL Sun Aug 18, 2013

So I'm planning on relocating to Jacksonville from Chicago. I just put my condo up for sale and am looking to buy in Jacksonville. I am looking to move by November. Ive talked to a realtor but she hasn't been much help and does not get back to me so I feel like I'm on my own. I'm looking to be close to the beach, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms min, pet friendly and within my budget of $100,000. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Answers

13
You are welcome, Maria! Good luck with Nicole - I'm sure you will find her a great place :)
Sharon
Although I have that information already Sharon, I wanted to say thank you for being so kind and thoughtful! Take care! :)
Maria
Hi Nicole,
This is a website that can help you and your agent find any condos that are FHA approved.

https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/condlook.cfm

It is good for the entire country. Good luck finding a great place to live and we think you will love living here. We have a number of friends from the Chicago area and not one of them would move back.

Hope this is helpful to you and your agent.

Sharon H. Alters
Coldwell Banker Vanguard Realty
904--673-2308
Thanks Nicole for deciding to work with me and for the sweet text you sent. I am glad you saw 2 condos you really liked from the list I sent. Looking forward to seeing you the end of the month! :o)
Maria
Hi Nicole.....welcome to Florida......shame on that real estate agent !...But....you never know...maybe there was a family crisis...or...? You are wise to think about living near the beaches....and...with your budget of $100,000...it IS a real possibility. One of the great things about Northeast Florida is that we can enjoy outdoor activities 12 months of the year....the living is "laid back" ...and ...you will find that just about everywhere you go....every place is CASUAL....Flip-Flops are even used for weddings! (They are white) Contact me or my son, Hickory (who lives in Atlantic Beach-each beach has a personality of it's own), if you choose... We KNOW all the areas...and sell at and near the beaches....as well as all parts of the Northeast Florida area.....we KNOW the market....we KNOW the "neat" places to go...where to get the surfboard...the "cool" bathing suits, etc..... Hope you contact us.....have a safe trip down.....

Donna Delegal
"The Real Estate Lady"
Oceanside Real Estate
startpacking@comcast.net
(904) 732-PACK 732-7225 Hickory Delegal h.delegal@comcast.net (904) 463-5664
I agree with the beaches areas as well, but most of the condos that will be within your budget, especially once you figure taxes, content insurance, and monthly condo fees - your beaches option of staying within your specified budget is becoming more and more limited. Unless you go into west Atlantic Beach, which is considered the Mayport area. Again realtors are not really supposed to say whether or not an area is good or bad. What I may think is good, you may think otherwise, and vice versa. However, I will tell you that most buyers are not too crazy about the Mayport area as it is very transient. That is why I would concentrate on the intracoastal, and prior mentioned areas - they are 5 to 10 minutes away, more condo for the money, and cheaper taxes. You have a budget, and that is something that needs to be taken into consideration. I would be happy to email you a list of all available condos within your budget, and based on your criteria, you will receive automatic updates, new, reduced, etc. One more thing, sometimes it can be difficult to get financing on condos here in Jacksonville, depending on the type of loan you are doing. There are a handful that may look like a great deal, but have pending litigation against the builder. So it is important to know which places do have those pending litigations, and also to know which places you are able to obtain financing on. Feel free to call me and we can discuss further.

Maria
904-568-4820
Maria@CapstoneResidential.com

Hope you have marvelous Monday!
Hi Nicole, take a look at my last two recommendations. They were both out of state relocations that basically said the same thing. Your best bet is going to be to call an agent that you can speak to honestly and on a regular basis. If you're not in any kind of formal buyers agent agreement already, I'd be happy to talk to you. Give me a call.
Hi Nicole,

Lots of great information. The beaches area would make for a great lifestyle. As an Accredited Buyer Representative I've worked with many relocating individuals and families successfully find and move into their new home shortly after arrival. Would recommend that you not wait to long to start your search as November will be here quick enough. I can be reached at 904-571-1358 until 7PM EST and yes I do answer the phone. You can also check out my website where you can search and get local information all at the same time - http://www.jacksonvillehomes4you.com

I look forward to helping you with your home search.

Charlie
Charlie Chorman - REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Vanguard Realty
Hi, You can visit http://www.HomeFair.com and click on the city reports section for in-depth crime stats and area demographics. Other options would be http://www.SpotCrime.com and http://www.Crime Reports.com

Chris
Hi Nicole Marie, Sry to hear your last Realtor wasn't very good at her job. Not all Realtors work full time and with the technology we have today there's no excuse for not getting back to people quickly.
You won't be disappointed relocating to the Jax Beach area. I was born and raised in Neptune Beach,,,,NO complaints. There are Condos available that fit your search criteria. November will be here before you know it. Contact me today and let's get started.

Have a Great Day

John Breen
Magnolia Properties
904 349 0082
johnbreen@bellsouth.net
Nicole,
I'm a Realtor who does answer my phone & I do return calls & I also own a home in the beach area. If you would like information on the Jacksonville beaches & availble homes. Please give contact me via phone or email, I can help you.
Thank you for your consideration,
Brenda Waters, Realtor
Sam Folds Inc., Realtors
Brendawaters@bellsouth.net
904 707-7078
Good morning, based on your wants, I found these, let me know if you have any interest. I do answer my phone and respond very quickly to text messaging...

Follow this link to see the page:

http://www.flexmls.com/link.html?zs3hyidp82x,14

This link will no longer be available after 9/18/2013.

--------
ROSINA EISENMANN, Rosie
WATSON REALTY CORP
2490 MONUMENT ROAD
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32225
cell - (904) 482-8666
rosinaeisenmannrealtor@yahoo.com
You have the right idea. While I cant comment too much on areas, I would say Intracoastal, East of Southside, Fort Caroline, and North of Atlantic Blvd. I can set you up to receive automatic updates in those specific areas if you would like? Relocation can be scary, but realtors should be trying to help take the stress out. I certainly wish you all the best and would love to be the one to help you find your new home.
Kind regards,
Maria
904 568 4820