General Area in Brighton>Question Details

Marco Bitran, Home Buyer in Brookline, MA

BU or BC?

Asked by Marco Bitran, Brookline, MA Mon Nov 29, 2010

I'm looking to buy condos for investment in either the BC or BU areas. Any opinion where I should focus? Thanks!

Answers

6
Andrew Tremblay’s answer
Boston College will have enough dorms for on campus living for every student within five years. While some might still choice off campus, the numbers will drop significantly. I would try to stay away from relying on BC students to rent apartments.
Marco both are great and students always need housing!
You are correct Marco that BC is trying to bring more students onto its campus but that's probably never going to happen since many students, especially juniors and seniors, prefer to live off-campus. In any case, it will take them a very long time to build enough dorms to accommodate all the students and in the meantime there is not enough off-campus housing. Good luck and give me a ring if you need an agent who knows the area well. Good luck.

Ellen Friedman, Keller Williams Realty, http://www.ellenfriedman.biz or 617-448-1542
This is great advice, thanks. Do you know if it's easier to rent on the BC or BU side? I am a bit concerned that BC is trying to bring all of its students onto the campus?? Not sure if I'm mistaken. thanks !
Marco, Both areas are great.-used to live/work in area. However, the health of the condo association funding, operation and condition of the building are more important. Your clientele may be dictated by the association style and bylaws, so it is important to be of like mind and make sure your goals will not be hindered.
Both are great schools - BU is very popular and has educated many a famed name - I think you win either way. As far as condos - many many exist and if you doi need any help or would like to see any of them - just ask - I can even set you up in MLS to get daily updates if you wish.

I am happy help in any way I can, J

J.M. Jones
978-335-9092
Century 21