General Area in Buffalo>Question Details

Karen, Home Buyer in cosgrove

Aside from contacting an attorney, are there any agencies, government or private that can help if you have a

Asked by Karen, cosgrove Tue Aug 26, 2008

had a realtor that has not advertised the property as she said she would.
When trying to correct the problem we were told we were complainers and she voided the contract within a month.
During this month when trying to see how the property was advertised she would get really angry if we questioned the photo's she used. The photo's were terrible.
Is there any help out there for the non- real estate person?

Help the community by answering this question:


For your next Realtor (going forward) interview several and ask for a written marketing plan and a written guarantee that they will do everything in that plan, or release you immediately.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 26, 2008
Just for the record, the Board of Realtors will hear a case where an agent may have broke our Code of Ethics. However, this sounds like you got the result you wanted. Hopefully you now have a new Realtor who can take better photos. You can ask when you are interviewing an agent what their listings look like, do they use all 8 photos they are allowed, and if you can have artistic control of the photos.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 27, 2008
An agency for what? She did nothing legally wrong by not advertising, just morally. Her photos is just an issue of inability to photo good enough for you. Her willingness to cancel made you whole again and you are free to go elsewhere and get what you feel you deserve. You can compain to her Manager/Broker but you don't have much more recourse than that.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 26, 2008
What are the terms and conditions for your listing agreement? Contact her broker view the matter however if the listing is cancelled at times best to cut your losses focus on new agent marketing of your home. Not all agents are experts in photography HOWEVER I have seen it where one picture has been posted in MLS house sold.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 26, 2008
If you were unhappy with the service and the listing agreement has been cancelled, what do you want in addition?
You can always talk to the agent's broker. S/he will want to know if there is a problem and may be able to offer a solution.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 26, 2008
Hi Karen
If your realtor voided the contract, it is really to your benefit. Interview other agents right the way, maybe they will be a better fit for you.
You could call your agent’s broker that she works for and discuss the problems you were having with this particular agent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 26, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer