General Area in Weehawken>Question Details

Renter08, Home Buyer in Hoboken, NJ

Area with convenient commute to NYC?

Asked by Renter08, Hoboken, NJ Wed May 29, 2013

Hi, looking for a safe area in Weehawken with a reasonable commute to the city, any suggestions? Thanks!

Answers

3
No point in Weehawken is really far from city transportation. Transportation is available on Boulevard East with buses and vans.

If you want a Market Inventory list, i will be happy to provide it to you if you contact me.

Amos Elroy
CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)
SFR (Short-Sale Specialist Certified)
CHBA (Certified Home Buyer Adviser from NAEA)
CSBA (Certified Home Seller Adviser from NAEA)
NAEA Member (National Association of Expert Advisers)

Residential Real Estate Expert Adviser

Lic. Realtor Associate
EXIT On The Hudson Realty
(888) 462-6573 / (888) HOB-NJRE
FAX (888) 462-6573
Office 201-437-0411
http://www.HobNJRE.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 29, 2013
The "Shades" of weehawken is the last stop on the 126 (Hoboken) bus line going into Port Authority and it is the first stop leaving the city. The area is on the border of Weehawken/Hoboken, it is a developing area with new construction condos,homes,rentals. 7-10 minute bus ride from bus stop to Port Authority, depending on traffic.

5-7 min walking distance to Light Rail (Hoboken, Hoboken PATH, or Jersey City) and to Weehwaken waterfront (Ruth Chris, Sheraton, Houlihans, can also catch the 158 bus line to the city).

Areas: Hackensack Plank Road, W. 19th Street, Grand Street, W 18th Street, Willow Avenue.
Newly built Hoboken's 1600 Park

They are currently building new rentals/condos on Weehawken/Hoboken border: "The Gateway" to Weehawken. It is situated between the Park and Willow Avenue bridges.

http://virgonaarchitects.com/the-gateway/

I use to rent in Hoboken for 7 years, until I bought a townhouse (no maintanence fee) in the Shades. Double the space, backyard, driveway, garage for the same/less price as the condos in Hoboken. I enjoy living here as it is quieter than Hoboken but it is a quick ride to the city/Hoboken for work/nightlife.
I cannot speak about the safety of Weehawken, NJ, but I can tell you that there is a NJ transit stop in Weehawken that you could take to Hoboken. Once in Hoboken, you can take the Path train into Manhattan for $2.25/ride. The Path train stops at 33rd, 23rd, 14th, 9th, and Christopher Street as well as the World Trade Center stop. The Path train is very fast and convenient for commuting from Hoboken. I hope this information helps.

Best of Luck,

John Chang