General Area in Clifton Park>Question Details

Janie, Other/Just Looking in Clifton Park, NY

Are there good schools in Clifton Park? Are there nice neighborhoods in Clifton Park? Is Clifton Park a safe communtiy for children?

Asked by Janie, Clifton Park, NY Tue Nov 17, 2009

Marcia E. Murray’s answer
Absolutely!! The schools are wonderful. I raised two children in Clifton Park, they attended Shenendehowa Schools and the faculty was terrific. Don't let the size of the campus scare you, They have a way of keeping the schools and class size small and intimate for the students as well as the parents. As for neighborhoods, there are plenty of wonderful neighborhoods as well. Clifton Park is very much a family community and promotes family as a focal point. The activities, sports and events thru out the year make the town a great place to work and raise a family in.
I live and work in the area and my children all went to school here... I love it and cant say enough about the area.... If you ever need anything or have any questions... Just email me!
we moved to Clifton Park-Ballston Spa area 10 years ago when our sons were in high school.They attended Shenendehowa HS and all had great HS years. The sports teams are great. The neighborhoods are all nice and despite the range in prices there is nothing not to like about the area. Lots of good restaurants, great farmers markets and the world's best apple cider donuts in the fall. Enjoy!
We all bring our own perceptions with us based on where we grew up, how we were educated and where we went to school.
If you are not familiar with the area, now is the time to visit--check out shops, parks, dine at a local eatery, speak to locals to see if you get a sense of belonging, look at everything that is of importance to you and see if your comfort level can be reached, etc. As far as safety is concerned your best source of information is the local police department, why not stop in and ask all your questions and hear all there is to hear firsthand--keep in mind real estate professionals are prohibited from entcing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
Good afternoon Janie,

I'm sure by now you have found an adequate answer to your question. But if you are interested in getting some data to back up any opinions you have received, please click on the link below. It defaults to Shenendehowa Schools but you can change it to compare one district against another.

Thank you for your consideration,
Lewis Beynon
Being a homeowner and resident in Clifton Park, I can safely say that is is a great place to live! My grown kids went Shenendehowa Schools and loved it. I cannot really legally advise you on a school system vs. another, but many have info they can send you regarding what they offer Etc. I'm sure Shenendehowa has info they can send you. As far as neighborhoods, I cannot "Gear" or specify what neighborhood is good and what isn't, it's like any other community. But, I will say that there are "Many" nice places to live in Clifton Park! Don't forget to look under Halfmoon and Jonesville when looking for a home in the area, since they are just outside of Clifton Park and just as nice! Happy house hunting!
Hi Janie,

Clifton Park is a relatively affluent suburban area a little north of Albany. It consists of sprawling shopping centers as well as many subdivisions that are very family friendly and safe. Shenendehowa schools are very desireable, also the largest in Saratoga County, which I know not everyone prefers..

I invite you to ask any further questions and send to my email - I work in this area and know it well. I can easily and promptly forward information on real estate in this area directly you and would be happy to do so.

Very Best,

Rachel A Kopp
Keller Williams Saratoga Springs
(518) 248 6680
Hello Janie,
Clifton Park has very good schools, a very large district with alot of opportunity! The neighborhoods in CLIFTON PARK are all quite nice....I have yet to see one that is not nice! Old and new they have lots to offer, lots of greenspace, and investment wise it has proven over the years to be a good place to buy and sell! Check the police blotters for the area, but overall it is a very nice place to live!!!