General Area in Chappaqua>Question Details

Ali, Home Buyer in New York

Are there are different areas with different reputations within chappaqua and/or that are more desirable? Ie. east of saw mill vs west, etc. thanks!

Asked by Ali, New York Sun Sep 1, 2013

Answers

5
I live in Chappaqua for 21 years . I have kids and many friends who are in different schools then mine . If you have kids you would like them to go to Westorchard Elementary school and Seven Bridges Middle School . Many of my friends and myself think that thise Sschools are better the Grafflin , Roaring Brook or Bell.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 17, 2013
In this case, "better" translates "newer," since W. Orchard and Seven Bridges schools were built long after Bell and Roaring Brook. Generally, properties east of Saw Mill & Rt. 117 are "old" Chappaqua. The North part of town is considered the "new" part of town, where the explosive demand for housing following WW2 saw many estates subdivided and smaller homes built on one acrte to satisfy demand. Fifty yrs ago one half of all Chappa. teachers LIVED IN Chappa and had a personal interest in the schools. Not so today. They were priced out of the market, as were their kids. Homes in the post-WW2 North part of town had property sized to its ability to develop an adequate septic field, as all land North of White Plains is glacial rock and clay, not good for septic fields.
Flag Fri Feb 21, 2014
I lived east of the Saw Mill in Chappaqua for over 20 years, so I'm partial.
:)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 1, 2013
As the previous agent pointed out, as agents, it is against the law for us to steer you into any specific neighborhood. There are however, differences in the various neighborhoods within Chappaqua. Some areas have bigger properties and larger homes, other areas have smaller properties and smaller, more affordable homes. There are also different elementary schools, that all feed into the same high school.
Depending on your budget and other preferences, there are a wide variety of homes available.

Please feel free to call or email me with any other questions.

Kind regards
Anneke Leffel, Certified Buyers Representative
North Country Sotheby's International Realty
914-841-6700
anneke.leffel@northcountrysir.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 1, 2013
Desireable is all about personal preferences, financials, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc., therefore if unfamiliar with the areas, take the time and visit more than once, then determine where your comfort level can best be reached. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or nor in specific neighborhoods.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 1, 2013
There are some estate areas within Chappaqua that are more desirable then other parts but also less affordable to some. t really comes down to your preference and needs. If I know more about your specific needs I can help you more efficiently.

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
Licensed Associate Broker
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 1, 2013