Sam, Home Buyer in Steamboat Springs, CO

Are there any negatives about the Indian Trails area?

Asked by Sam, Steamboat Springs, CO Wed Dec 30, 2009

Are there any negatives about the Indian Trails area...prices seem to good to be true... understand the land is leased any other worries or concerns...

Answers

5
Sam,
I presume you are referring to Indian Trails west of Steamboat Springs in Copper Mountain Estates. I wouldn't call them negatives, just perspective. As you noted, there is a land lease in place for the owned manufactured homes. The affordability continues to be attractive, but with the change in real estate values throughout Steamboat and the surrounding areas, you may find better long term value in a property that allows for absolute ownership. However, these Copper Mountain Estate homes are well priced and located conveniently close to town and the mountain. Please call or email if you have further questions about this property or any others. Anne Mayberry, Prudential Steamboat Realty 970.879.8100 anniemay56@yahoo.com
Yes, one leases the lot and pays own utilities.
NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED...as with many complexes in Steamboat Spgs.
Sam,

As the others have mentioned, the Indian Trails homes are as affordable as they are because although you own the home you would not own the land underneath it. The monthly lot rent is currently at a little over $500.00 per month, and is of course periodically raised. Besides the homes currently listed on the Multiple Listing System, which is probably what you came across, there are also several homes listed as "For Sale by Owner." Some of these owners are willing to work with real estate brokers working for buyers.

To find these same kind of prices for a single family home, but where you WILL own the land under the house, you will need to house shop in the neighboring towns of Hayden or Oak Creek. Are you familiar with these areas?
Web Reference: http://www.SteamboatGal.com
HI Sam, Happy New Year!
The area where Indian Trails is located is at the end of the downtown area, and it is a Manufactured/Mobile Home Park Community. You're right, prices are too good to be true but as with any other mobile home parks, it depends on the lifestyle you're looking for and what you're seeking as an investment in Steamboat. There are definite negatives/positives about this location I'd be happy to discuss live. I personally own mobile home parks in Denver - 6 of them - with partners, and they are great cash flow opportunities. But if your desire is to have a piece of the west here in Steamboat and watch your equity grow, and ensure you have purchased in the best location, you may want to consider all options. Please take a look at my blog at http://www.enjoysteamboat.wordpress.com or contact me at (970) 846-8678 for assistance.
Are you referring to the Indian Meadows area off of US 40 near the south edge of Steamboat? I have not heard anything negative about the area. Walton Creek runs just behind this pet friendly town home complex which sits right on the city bike bath, on bus route. Private fishing is available in the complex pond. Well maintained unit and complex.

Call if you have any questions.
Bo Stempel
Broker / Owner
Colorado Group
819-1123