Alison, Home Buyer in Belmar, NJ

Anyone have any thoughts on the Bradley Beach Village development? Do you think it is a good investment?

Asked by Alison, Belmar, NJ Tue Nov 13, 2007

Answers

9
no....not at all good appreciation value....poor views.....to far from the beach to walk and depressed area.
Given the ABYSMAL location of this project, it is painfully obvious that purchasing here will provide an EXTREMELY poor return on one's investment. I am looking for "respite" in my shore getaway", not a cacophany of train whistles and engines pouring through my windows.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 5, 2008
Are you KIDDING Me?? !!!! What, a GHETTO, railroad tracks AND a major hike to the beach?? What ELSE do I get for my money?? OH, I FORGOT!! NO Water views, but INSTEAD a panoramic backdrop of VACANT, BURNED OUT, vermin infested industrial properties!!!! If THIS is what you call LIVING at the Jersey Shore, then YOU live there...I'll stay put.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 4, 2008
Very Poor Location - This Is the Feedback from My Clients-"I would never want to live that close to the Rails, which are so far from Waterviews for this Price". Most of My Clients have been Very Turned off with the Depressed look of the Surrounding area in General ex: Memorial Drive. I wish you all the Best with this Project.

Diane Turton, Realtors
Lucille Krul
Realtor Associate
The Realtor that brings you Home!
Spring Lake Office
http://www.lucillekrul.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 28, 2008
I LIVE IN BRADLEY AND HAVE A SECOND HOME FOR SALE, BEFORE YOU MAKE A BIG MISTAKE SEE HOME ON VACATIONRENTALSAD.COM #417075 OR SHOREVACATIONS.COM #2140 ALSO FIND MY ROOF, BRADLEY BEACH.
THIS VILLAGE IS ON THE RR TRACKS AND BETWEEN POLICE AND FIRE DEPT. I WOULD SAY NEVER!!!
Francesca,
As someone trying to find a good investment down the shore, I find it troubling that a local agent would take such a hard stance against a property such as this one. Have you been down to the building, have you seen the models, looked at the actual square footage, compared it to Sylvan Lake, or anything else for that matter? I have and I don't think you're being fair. Your responses have an air of bias, lacking the objectivity one would expect from a real estate expert, as you purport to be. Incidentally, have you seen the numbers on commuter villages, have you read the articles on how favorably banks look at such properties compared to others in these economical times. Have you heard about the billions being poured into the new train-commuter tunnel system recently approved between NJ and NY. Additionally, I didn't see a single unit at 1,000 s.f. - all were bigger, and I was recently walked through one of the models that were just about 1,550 s.f. And why would you be putting down the town itself so aggressively. I know a fair amount of people who highly recommend Bradley as a great family town. It seems that way to me - what did Bradley Beach do to you that's made you so bitter? I guess I could understand if you had a hidden agenda against the property, but the whole town????
Home investor,

According to the property information on the "official" Monmouth County MLS, BBVillage sq ftg begins at 1,000 sq ft and increases to not more than 1,500, not the 1600 sq ft you are reporting. Slyvan Lake floor plans also begin @ 1,000 sq ft. Inaccurate representations on the MLS open up brokers/realtors to legal liability; therefore, I trust the reporting accuracy.

The bottom line here is location, location, location.

Diane Turton agency has a separate "new construction" division. Individual agents are not made aware of the prospecting effort of such divisions until such time as a contract is secured and published. Therefore, I doubt Ms. Krul was even aware of DT's effort to secure the BBVillage project. Also, the opinion of one Diane Turton agent does not represent the DT organization as a whole. Finally, Ms. Krul's comments are a transference of client feedback to which I concur.

I look forward to learning how many township officials invest in this project and I wish these developer the best of luck!
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
I've been doing my research on this project. The Sylvan Lake project referenced is not even close in terms of product - you don't need to be a real estate expert to see that. Plus, the biggest unit at Sylvan is about 900 s.f. where the biggest unit at Bradley Beach Village is almost 1600 s.f, never mind the amenities that they're giving. I do agree with the comment regarding pricing - however, it seems that the Village is priced LOWER than the Sylvan Lake project per square foot, even at Sylvan's lowered asking prices.

I'm also surprised that real estate "professionals" in the area would be putting down a project that has been so welcomed by the town - like I said I did my homework and even spoke to the chief of police at Bradley - everyone seems to be high on the project. Lastly, I was told that Diane Turton's group was actually trying to become the exclusive broker on this project - I think Mary Holder ultimately got the job. It's troubling to me that now Turton's group is putting the project down. Make's you wonder about the level of objectivity and sincerety the real estate "professionals" out there are really providing to potential home buyers.
Actually, I think it's a really good investment. Despite gas prices dropping recently, I think the hikes we saw last year sobered everyone up as to the value behind public transportation. I love the idea of having express access to the city, not to mention the other Jersey shore points and the Hoboken area. So I have to walk a few blocks to the beach, Bradley's a great town and I wouldn't mind the exercise. Not to mention the units seem to be a lot bigger and nicer than anything else I've seen down the shore. When the market comes back around, I think the value will be there.