General Area in 40202>Question Details

Ehab, Renter in 40202

Any safe and nice neighborhood you recommend around Uni of L. I prefer 10-15 min drive at most. Any thoughts?

Asked by Ehab, 40202 Mon Apr 30, 2012

Answers

8
Mary Beth VanMeter’s answer
Are you considering purchasing a new home in the Louisville Area? Good news, there are so many great choices just minuets from UofL. Let's get together at my office to look over your options. Call or Text me to set up an appointment, 502-417-8527.
Thanks alot Mary but I would rather first to rent an apt for sometimes till I settle down in the city.
Flag Tue May 1, 2012
Ehab, Many students also use Germantown,Highlands, and the Frankfort Ave area. These areas would keep you very close to UofL. You can also live in the St.Matthews, Hikes Point areas and still be 15-20 mins drive.
I truely appreciate your advice.
Flag Tue May 1, 2012
10 to 15 minutes is actually a pretty large window in Louisville. Old Louisville is obvious, because it's closest, but IMO it's not the best on amenities. I would suggest going a little east of there to either Germantown or Audubon Park.
I truely appreciate your advice.
Flag Tue May 1, 2012
Ehab...I agree with Michael & Allison...I also have lived in Old Louisville for 20 years and LOVE IT! I happen to have two gorgeous apartments on Millionaire's Row coming available (one in mid June and one in mid July) that I would be happy to discuss with you. This is on South 3rd Street at Hill...premier area for U of L. I personally live on South Floyd and have for over 15 years! Living in Old Louisville solves a host of issues for you...you don't have to drive if you don't want to...it allows you to enjoy the cafes, bakeries (Ermins - yum!), the incredible Victorian architecture, Central Park and all the eclectic offerings of the neighborhood - and it is a "neighborhood" in the finest sense! Feel free to contact me for all your real estate needs (or if you'd like to see either of those apartments! If I do say so myself, I'm a wonderful landlord!! and I come with great references!).

Louise Venettozzi, REALTOR, CDPE, ABR
RE/MAX Hall of Fame
Selling Great Space from Cottages to Castles
502-592-1098
greatspace@aol.com
Hey Louise, Thanks for your advice. I am coming this coming weekend to check some places and I would love if you post more info like prices, pics, etc,...
Flag Tue May 1, 2012
Wow. Michael and Allison, I can not thank you enough for taking time to answer my question this very late hour of the night. I am coming to Louisville this coming weekend to check some places but so far most of the nice complexes are located northeast and are like 25-35 min away. I am starting my fellowship at Uni of L and would love to be around the hospital so I can be available quickly for any emergency. I found accidentally a complex called
Really your question must be answered by personal experience. If I were you I would drive around / Walk around to determine your own opinion as to what is a safe or non-safe neighborhood. You can also log onto various websites that have really good crime reports. That would help Quite a bit. Feel free to log onto our website and do research to find homes in the area to see what you might like.
Old Louisville is a great neighborhood. I have resided here for 20 years and never had any problems with crime. I specialize in the neighborhood and other Historic Districts all within 15 minutes of U of L. Feel free to contact me for any of your Real Estate needs.