General Area in 85255>Question Details

Scott, Home Buyer in 60062

Any opinions on the Troon Village / Dorado area? We are looking for a 2nd home ... started in MMR, now

Asked by Scott, 60062 Sat May 31, 2008

expanding our search

Answers

14
Troon Village is a wonderful area for a second home. It is a very resorty area with lots of golf courses, parks and hiking trails. A great place to enjoy the Scottsdale lifestyle.
Hello Scott
Yes, this area is popular for 2nd home ownership. I specialize in "Short Sales". These homes are in much nicer condition because the seller wants to avoid having a foreclosure on their records. REO properties in most cases are trashed and require additional cash to repair. I notify my preferred buyer clients before placing new listings with the MLS. If you wish, I will send you a FREE copy of my book "Should I Short Sale My Home?" It will help to explain how these sales work to buyers' advantage. Breaking NEWS! A huge flood of new foreclosures will hit this market after the first of the year. Happy hunting. You are in the drivers seat in this market.
Both of these communities would be considered Arizona's version of "Pleasantville." They are pretty and safe. However, they lack accessibility to entertainment areas and community amenities. If you're ok with staying in (Pima and Scottsdale roads have lots of liquored fueled drivers) to end from restaurants/malls/entertainment, then they are great communities.
http://www.flexmls.com/cgi-bin/mainmenu.cgi?cmd=url+other/ru…

This link will lead you to a Troon Village listing.

I will be happy to assist you further.
Scott Darnall - Western Realty Group
1 602 524-2328
We have lived in Troon Village for several years now. It is beautiful, quiet, safe and away from the traffic...Only complaint I have is driving my kids back and forth to school/activities.
The home I mentioned in Dorado is now on the market. It's is the lowest priced home, less than the Bank Owned property. And it is in good condition with a view of Troon Mountain, nice pool, etc.../
We took a new listing in Dorado yesterday. Not on the market until we finish photography. Want to see the home before it hits the market? 480-390-0445
Link below shows aerial, floor plan, slideshow and virtual tour for another DOrado home we also have on the market for sale in Dorado.
I believe that this area has what you are likely looking for - there are many pre-foreclosure homes (read that as Short-Sale possibilities) as well as some nice homes that in today's market mau be a bit pricey - As a Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE) and a resident of the Pinnacle Peak area since before 1990, moved here in 1979, I can find you whatever you are looking for. MMR for me is too crowded unless you get to the top and then it's rather expensive for a 2nd home................If you are looking for views, newer homes, and cooler areas, Troon Village area is right on - I prefer Carefree, but the age of homes and the additional distance (although it provides less traffic and more of a get-a-way feel) has a lot to offer for a second home.

Beteeen the two there are some gated communities to consider with community centers, more protection while you're away, and some have clubhouses and a place to meet others for socializing -depends on your style and primary requirements..........John Lynch http://www.scottsprop.com 480-236-9470
Web Reference: http://www.scottsprop.com
Lisa & I have lived in Troon Village since 1997. Quite neighborhoods, close to unspoiled natural beauty and away from concrete. Definately cooler that those newer master planned communities down the hill. Dorado offers large, 3,000+ sf homes. To get a feel for the market in this area checkout our webstie devoted to North Scottsdale.
The Troon area is very nice with Pinnacle Peak's mountain and beautiful desert scenery. There are gated community in the area and non-gated community. Some of the homes have great views of either mountains or city lights. The Troon Village of Whispering Ridge and Quail Ridge offer a gated community with a community pool with excellent mountain and city lights. Dorado has homes that back to open spaces. There are several communities in the Troon Village area, it just depends on your price and what you are looking for in a home. The Troon golf course is nearby and is a public golf course, if you are a golfer I would suggest the Troon card which provides a 50% discount all year long. I live nearby and would be excited to help you find your 2nd home. Would you like me to send you some information on the area and prices? Please let me know at either remaxq@mindspring.com or call me at 480-585-5959. Have a great day and a wonderful 4th of July, Michelle Quackenbush Re/Max Fine Properties
Wonderful area. There is plenty out there with fabulous prices.
Hopefully, you have a strong, full time agent that can negotiate the best home for the best price.

Catherine Kolodin, GRI
EcoBroker International
480.239.7447
ckolodin@gmail.com
REALTY EXECUTIVES
Scott, you'd have to provide me more information about what you really want in your 2nd home. Troon is nice, for sure. I live in MMR myself, so naturally, I hold that in high regard, although I'd say that has as much to do with the family atmosphere as it does my home. Price, size of the home, view, # bedrooms, lot size, do you have kids, golf? these are the factors that would help me pick one community over another.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 31, 2008
It is your opinion that counts.
When buying a home in Arizona you definately want to view the Buyer Advisory:
http://www.aaronline.com/documents/buy_advis.pdf
This document gives you many resources and websites to check out when buying a home.

Other advice is to "knock on a neighbors door" on any home that you are considering purchasing and ask any questions that are important to you.
Web Reference: http://www.480mls.com
Troon is a great master-planned community. While it's quite a bit north and east of McDowell Mountain Ranch, you probably would be able to take advantage of more house, and often more land, for your money. The homes are generally listed between $600-700K. This link will take you to information on the current available properties: http://armlslistings.marketlinx.com/SearchDetail/Scripts/Prt…

You might want to look in other subdivisions of Troon and Troon North. Many of these neighborhoods have high-priced homes, but there are pockets of more reasonable properties, particularly in the current market. I live in this area and enjoy the spacious feeling, and the mountain views are tremendous.

If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Nancy Basinger
Realty Executives
480.948.9450
http://www.yourscottsdalehomesource.com