General Area in Nyack>Question Details

Kim Slagle, Home Buyer in Manasquan, NJ

Any info available about why so many of the townhomes are for sale in Forest Ridge? Is there a new assessment coming or is the Association ok?

Asked by Kim Slagle, Manasquan, NJ Thu Jan 19, 2012

Answers

6
Hello Kimberly, Thanks for your post. Have researched the area and found (6) active units(one is listed twice under Condos & Single family homes with separate MLS#'s). Of the (6) one unit is a Short Sale. Do not think that is an alarming amount of units considering the prices and taxes + HOA fees. It is an affluent development and has marginal turnover. Regarding assessments, nobody has disclosed anything about it and if that were the case if would be known by calling the management company if interested. If there are any other questions or concerns or if you would like to view any of these properties, please get in touch. Regards Allan

Allan Erps, ABR,SFR,C.O.R.E.
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
BHG Rand Realty
95 S Middletown Rd
Nanuet, NY 10954
VM(24 Hours) 845-624-8100 X141

Cell Phone/Text 845-304-3040

Fax# 845-624-7137

My Email: allan.erps@randrealty.com

For the latest in Buyers and Sellers Resources,
visit my website at; http://www.allanerps.randrealty.com
or find me on Trulia at;
http://www.trulia.com/profile/allanerps/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 19, 2012
Hi Kimberly,
I haven't heard any information regarding assessments, but if you're interested, I'd be happy to make a call to the management company to confirm. When buying a condo or townhouse, it's imperative that you know and are provided with that information before seriously considering making an offer. You want to be certain that the financials are strong and verify any future projects that may be in the works which could impact an assessment.
Good luck with your search.
Bonnie Kelly
Wright Bros. RE
845-304-8856
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 19, 2012
Before buying make sure you attorney checks the financials, and minutes of the corporation for greater insight into the future of operations
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 19, 2012
If you are looking to purchase in the near future, do consider working with an agent of your own, he/she can provide any necessary information. Keep in mind that there a variety of reason that people move, financial, upsize/downsize, closer to family or employment, etc. As for any Association, it's always a good idea to review it's financials before entering into a contract to buy...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 19, 2012
Hi Kimberly,

I have noticed a trend in condos and townhomes where once, 1 seller puts their unit on the market, others follow. With Forest Ridge, in particular it did not seem out of scale for this amount of units to be on the market, and there apears to be a stability in turnover. With that being said it is very important to research the financial stability of any condo/townhome community. I would strongly suggest in conjunction with negotiating an offer to ask for a copy of the financials. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
Nancy

914-263-3403
http://www.nancybweber.com
Hello Kimberly, Thank you so much for the "Best Answer" designation. That was very kind! Regards Allan