Liz Karlander, Real Estate Pro in Carmel, IN

An area similar to where I live now. "More details" below

Asked by Liz Karlander, Carmel, IN Tue Sep 11, 2007

On the north edge of Indianapolis is Hamilton County, with the towns of Carmel & Fishers. They are very affluent communities & Hamilton County is in the top 20 nationally for per capita income. The school systems are the best in the state. Yet the homes range from $150,000 to $10 million. Is there a similar area in Bowling Green area?

Answers

3
I thi9nk a good example in B.G. would be Cemetary Road. The neighborhood s right off of it can range from $100,000 to a $1,000,000. All within about a 2 mile area.
I used to live in Muncie, IN and now live in Bowling Green, KY so I am somewhat familiar with both areas. Bowling Green does not have the per capita income of Carmel but the cost of living (and availability of jobs) in the area make up for the difference. The houses are very well priced for the size and you can find just about anything you want depending on the area you are looking in.

As an example Smallhouse Road ranges from $30,000 two bedrooms on one end of the city to $450,000 homes on the other end of the city. Having lived in several large and small cities and having settled in Bowling Green I can't imagine living anywhere else.
Not to $10 million. The high side will average 2 to 3 million. We do have one property I understand the owner is asking $11 1/2 million which is not on the market at this time.