General Area in Brookings>Question Details

Gordon, Home Buyer in Leeds, MA

About Brookings, OR...what do residents typically not like?

Asked by Gordon, Leeds, MA Sun Jun 24, 2012

I spent two weeks along the southern OR coast many years ago and my 'itch' is to retire there...in a couple three years. I'm retired mil and also a career with the VA (a med cntr in MA). I liked OR a lot so....tell me something you all do not like!

Answers

3
We moved here in July of 2011 from Kansas City, MO, and any negatives there might be like lack of shopping malls are out-wieghed by the many positives of living in such a beautiful area, with so many things to do. The people here are wonderful and very helpful, it was the best decision we made, when we choose Brookings to retire to. I hope you will find the same paradise we have found.
If the lack of shopping malls is one of the negatives . . . some people might actually see that as a huge positive ;-)
This truly is paradise and a fabulous place to live and retire. I would say the thing people dont like is the lack of malls and shopping. We do have Fred Meyers and other shopping but not malls. ...not alot of variety. It is easy to shop on line and we do tend to make a Medford or Eugene trip every now and then. Great beauty, great weather in Brookings OR...great people...if you any assistenace please feel free to contact me at 541-661-1219 and I will be happy to help
Best Regards
Marianne Padilla
541-661-1219
Century 21 Agate Realty
there's the fog and the wind.
Flag Thu Jun 28, 2012