General Area in USA>Question Details

#1,  in San Francisco Bay Area

A Gift To All Trulian's...

Asked by #1, San Francisco Bay Area Tue Sep 18, 2007

And I feel this is the best gift I can offer to Realtors, Sellers and Buyers.

We are coming into a market where we will all be receiving get rich quick real estate info via mail, email, TV and Radio. Constantly!

You will see... we will soon be bombarded with this stuff.

I have seen most of this stuff (Carlton Sheets, Ed Vu, Whitney and many, many others, and if it sounds too good to be true... IT IS!

I don't normally give away my private stuff but I feel this is really worth sharing. I hope you find it valuable.

At least you can get another opinion before plunking down a wad of cash in hopes of increasing your cash flow.

Before you buy into a GURU who says he will make you a milliun bucks...

Check them out first at the website posted below. It is well worth your time to read what this man has to say.

Before throwing up your green PLEASE...PLEASE... check this out first. You will be glad you did.

http://www.johntreed.com/Reedgururating.html

3 votes Share Flag General Area in USA

Answers

11
And, what would we do without Ed? :)
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Brick, NJ
...and if the particular GURU isn't listed... his BS detection checklist is second to none.

God, I hope I get a brownie point for this one.:)
Thank You Sylvia... I needed that!
Ed - Sometimes I don't know what to do with you :-)
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin, CA
Good night Deborah. I know it is late for you.

Pleasant dreams!

Ed
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 18, 2007
I wish more people would share their knowledge or experience like you just did. Glad to see honesty is not dead. Thanks!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 18, 2007
Okay - so now I have this website saved into my favorites & will definitely utilize for future reference. Thanks so much Ed.... & yeah - I get you.

Hope things are well with you on your shore - love the Fremont area. Spent many a day visiting family in Milpitas - and getting my SFO fix from there.

Hang in - you're always a joy to read!
Oh-h-h-h-h... good answer Mike!

Who cares about thumbs up or down?!?

Provide something of value and it will come back to you 1000 fold!
I had no idea they ever QUIT bombarding the consumer. Everytime I meet with a new buyer I ask them, "Do you watch late night TV? Any of those real estate gurus you like in particular?" I'm not kidding! We had a very eager, some would say, desperate, agent working with a buyer lookign for $1,000,000+ properties. She met with him, was blinded by the zeros and proceeded to take this guy out to many properties in this price point. He finally found one he really wanted! He called her and said meet me at my house. She drove across the county and the guy meets her at his property gate and says he's late for an appointment at work, hands her an envelope and says write an offer with the enclosed terms. The property was a gorgeous Victorian home in Petaluma, California listed for $1,100,000. The guy wants to write an offer for $450,000 with all owner financing and nothing down with a promissory note for deposit. Oh, he wants the note "un-secured"!!! She is no longer in the business. I'm not intimidated by big, long rows of zeros! We're also now seeing AITD's popping up with "Subject to" loan scenarios! But I agree with the reference to John Reed's newsletter. I subscribed to it years ago and frankly had forgotten all about it. Thanks! I'll check it out. He's a sharp, savvy investor. Good tip for our consumers and Realtors alike!
P.S.--Wha't a Robot?? And who gives a darn about thumbs up or down!!?? There's only ONE answer in my book.
Thanks Ed. Interesting website. There is no such thing as a quick and easy buck. Guess I am an old fashioned girl.
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in Danville, VA
Hi, spent a few quick minutes at the johnreed site. Quite interesting. Quite tired tonight and signing off now. I plan to return to the johnreed site and spend some time there tomorrow, and will share more thoughts then.

Signing off now for the night. Tks for sharing! :)