Foreclosure in 94066>Question Details

sbeee1234, Renter in 94066

would like to buy the rental going into foreclosure. How to do that?

Asked by sbeee1234, 94066 Wed Dec 4, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


Get an agent and have them contact the owner.

J.R. Thrasher
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 5, 2013
If the property has not been foreclosed on you may be able to purchase the property from the seller in a short sale transaction. (This assumes there is no equity.) Talk to the owner and contact a local Realtor who should be able to help you.
Good luck,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 5, 2013
When you say, going into foreclosure is different than being foreclosed. In California The process will take a minimum of more than 3 months. The bank sends our a notice of default and that begins the process. Often they prolong the process to 6 months of more. I do not know of any bank selling the home in the Bay Area before completion of the full foreclosure process. That means it is sold on the court house steps.. You can go there to bid, but you must pay all cash. Assuming the home is not sold at that time and that is very common in today's, market. The bank will put the home on the market generally within two months. You can also hire an agent to approach the owner or their agent and make an offer. If there is equity the owner can make the decision. If there is no equity, the bank will have to approve the sale. If you are thinking of buying this below the market value think again. The banks know the value and don't sell below what they perceive as the value. If anything for the few bank owned properties on the market, I see they are asking above the list price.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 4, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer