Foreclosure in North Andover>Question Details

Mike,  in 01845

will they give me me money to get out of this house?

Asked by Mike, 01845 Tue Aug 2, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


You will most likely be offered cash for keys once the foreclosure has taken place. They will probably offer you a couple of thousand dollars to vacate in 30 days. More if sooner, less if later. You will need to leave no garbage or furniture behind, the stove has to be in place, and the systems, (heat, water, etc) in working condition. Otherwise they will not issue you a check. My advice to you is to take the money. If you refuse cash for keys, you will get nothing but a knock on the door by the sheriff and standing behind him will be a handful of movers and a locksmith. Take the money.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 2, 2011

You are referring to "cash for keys" and possibly yes. If you call me - I can discuss your particular situation and see what your options are.

Many times - the foreclosure notices are meant to scare you rather than actually notify you that you are in foreclosure. What notice did you receive?

Your earlier post also mentioned the condo association. They can push a foreclosure through quickly.

I am a CPA and also a CDPE. A Certified Distressed Property Expert. I specialize in short sales and foreclosure options. The program for the "cash for keys" is part of HAFA (…) and I am also CHS - Certified HAFA Specialist.

Call me when you have a moment - 508-784-0504

0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 2, 2011
We need a little more info to answer your question. Are you referring to the good faith deposit you put down at either offer stage or PS stage?
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 2, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer