Maria Del Pi…, Home Buyer in Fredericksburg, VA

why don't they put the picture so we can see if the house is proper and clean?

Asked by Maria Del Pilar Mendoza, Fredericksburg, VA Sun Apr 7, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3113028962--Saint-Catherin…

Answers

7
Can you really tell if the property is well built, well maintained and clean from a photograph? You never want to make a buying decision based on a photograph. Always see the property in person and in the daytime to be sure you have an accurate view of the house. A real estate agent can help you gain access to the property. Remember that in Virginia, agents must have an agency relationship with a potential buyer before they can legally show a house. An agency relationship can only be created by express agreement now in Virginia. Express agreement means a written agreement.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 7, 2013
Maria, Realty Trac has info on upcoming Real Estate Owned properties (ie. foreclosures). Realize that even if there was a picture(s), those pictures could still be pictures of the way the home "used to" look. The best way for you to select a home for you and your family is to see it in person. Very FEW houses in the Fredericksburg area are bought by people sight unseen. If you have more questions or need need additional information on other homes, I'd be happy to talk to you. I also can send you a list of reputable lenders in our area that you assist you if you are not already pre-qualified to purchase a home. I can be reached at realtorsha@mris.com.
Hi Maria, the reason that there are no photos is because the home is not up for sale yet. The Trulia listing was placed by RealtyTrac a foreclosure data company. RealtyTrac would like you to sign up for their services. The price put on the home is "market value" estimated by RealtyTrac and not an offer price. When the home is listed, there will probably be photos.

There is another home for sale on the same street for about the same price as the "market value" on the potential foreclosure. It is a "standard" or regular sale owned by a homeowner. Short sales and REO properties (bank owned) sometimes offer bargain prices, but a standard sale home is often a better choice for a potential owner occupant. A standard sale will usually has less waiting, uncertainty, and risk than a short sale or REO home.
Hopefuilly this was done to deliberately seperate the experienced buyer from those who should not be looking at foreclosed homes.
-
If clean, tidy and proper goes along with your expectation of foreclosed, the plan has worked.
-
You may be unaware that a LARGE number of foreclosed homes are placed under contract 'sight unseeen.' These expereinced buyers are purchaasing VALUE not proper and clean. The numbers speak loudly. They rely on their real estaate professional for community targeting and assistance in ARV determination. The buyer knows their craft and from their criteria, calculates what they will invest.
-
You may find your best option is looking at 'flipped' homes. They will be proper, clean and tidy and can sell quickly.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Assoicate
Remax Relatec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
It is not uncommon for new listings and particularly for foreclosures. As many of my colleagues have noted it is best to see the property. Please note that the market is picking up and you really need to see new listings quickly and the best way to do that is to have a buyers agent looking out for new listings that meet your needs. If you haven't selected an agent yet, please contact me to discuss how I can assist you in reaching your goal buying.
Photos almost never provide a full view of the home. An expert agent can help you navigate the home buying process and remove the mystery. Google or Facebook me for help finding a great home. I will work to find a great home for you.
If it's a new listing, the listing agent may not have had time to post pictures yet. In order for homes to sell quickly, buyers love to see pictures. Hopefully, there will be some soon! If you'd like to see this one, I'd be happy to show you. If there are any other homes you may be interested in, please let me know. Ginny