Foreclosure in 02777>Question Details

Joseph, Home Owner in 02777

who should I contact if I know that someone is trashing their foreclosed property?

Asked by Joseph, 02777 Sat Apr 2, 2011

My neighbor's house is being foreclosed on and 'pending auction', but, they're trashing the house as much as they can before the sale, and I don't know who I can notify

Answers

5
If it has already been foreclosed, contact local police, if not you can contact the lender, they may have legal recourse to stop the destruction.

Denis DaSilva Broker/Owner 508-813-6875
REAVOLV Real Estate
http://www.REAVOLV.com
Web Reference: http://www.reavolv.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 18, 2013
You can call the police or the lender. If you go to The Registry of Deeds online or inbox me I can get the lenders name for you.
If it has already been forclosed and they are stripping it for any value it is a felony. If it hasn't yet they are stupid to destroy their own property. There are so many options to stop or postpone the forclosure. The people sound like dirt bags and it is what it is.
Hi Joseph,

I live in Swansea near the Marina. Mr. Moore is correct. However, the extent of what they are doing may matter. If any of the damage they are doing would normally require a permit, I would report them to the building inspector.

If they are not using a Real Estate agent to get it sold before foreclosure, they might not realize that they have options. Could you please call me at 508-558-9619 or email me directly at RCardoza@KW.com. If they decided to do things the right way it would help them and everyone in the neighborhood.
Unfortunately this in not all that uncommon. Currently it's their house, but there is usually verbiage in the loan that says the owner has to take some care with the home. But they are being foreclosed and you can't get blood form a turnip so I am not sure what can be done or by whom. maybe someone knows