Foreclosure in Mebane>Question Details

Monarch, Home Buyer in Mebane, NC

who pays closing cost on HUD foreclosed /owner occupied homes?

Asked by Monarch, Mebane, NC Wed Oct 14, 2009

Answers

2
Monarch,
On a HUD foreclosed home you will get two weeks first shot if you are going to be a owner/occupant. The first two weeks are generally reserved just to take bids from owner/occupants. After that the bidding is open to investors also. A HUD home is of course a government foreclosure. You can as Jimmie suggested build the closing costs into your offer. Basically for example if you wanted to buy a home listed for $100,000. You were going to only offer the seller $90,000 but you also wanted $3,000 in closing costs. Then your buyer's agent would put the offer together offering the seller $93,000 purchase price but asking for $3,000 back in expenses for closing. It is a common practice but depending on the home and how much lower you are then the listing price as to whether they will agree to your offer.
One of my buyers just went under contract on a foreclosure in Graham with closing costs built into the offer. It is a fairly common practice.
I suggest you get a buyer's agent to start working with you if you do not already have one and have them start helping you with your search and buying strategy.

Hope this helps,
Monarch,
When you submit an offer you can ask for colsing cost. Just like any other offer, the seller may not accept the offer. I have been involved in forclosure sales where the seller did agree to pay closing cost and also where they did not agree to pay closing cost.

Please contact me if you have additional questions, I would be glad to assist you in the purchase of a foreclosed home in the Mebane area.

Thank you