Foreclosure in Houston>Question Details

Brandon, Home Buyer in

where do i get free listings of government tax lien homes in houston texas?

Asked by Brandon, Wed Apr 2, 2008

Agent, agent, agent... all responses from agents... what would you expect? Of course real estate agents are going to say YOU NEED AN AGENT, just like a LAWYER says YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO DO ANYTHING WITHOUT A LAWYER! Okay, a few questions... when you say 'GOVERNMENT TAX LIEN' are you referring to FORECLOSED homes, as in the payments were not made and the property was foreclosed by a BANK or are you referring to COUNTY TAX SALES, as in taxes aren't paid to the county and the county auctions off the property? Secondly, you need to decide if you want someone to hold your hand while you sign a piece of paper or if you want to look at a property without an escort, fill out the paperwork yourself, basically do the legwork yourself, it's your choice. The basic premise is realtors get a FEE to show and sell property, foreclosed and tax sale properties are about avoiding fees and getting a DEAL. Foreclosed properties are auctioned by a BANK, you have to contact the BANK and they will have you fill out the necessary PAPERWORK and they will get your money and signature WITHOUT a realtor! Tax sales are handled by the COUNTY or a law firm appointed by the COUNTY and they will have you fill out the necessary PAPERWORK and they will get your money and signature WITHOUT a realtor! You choose...

READ THIS: Texas Tax Sales FAQ at

Here's a list of law firms that hold Texas Tax Sales [you pay legal fees and back taxes] and Tax Resales [fees and taxes are written off], different law firms will hold the contract for different Texas counties:

Linebarger, Goggan, Blair, Graham, & Sampson LLP:
Perdue, Brandon, Fielder, Collins, and Mott LLP:
Ray, Wood, & Bonilla LLP:
McCreary, Veselka, Bragg, & Allen:

And YES, THERE IS A LIST online for properties that are up for Tax Sales, you DO NOT need to go to a County Tax Lien Office... give me a break... don't just OUTRIGHT LIE to someone!

For a list of upcoming HARRIS COUNTY tax sales, see the two lawfirms listed below:

Please note that the law firms only display tax sales scheduled for the counties they serve (such as Harris County, City of Houston and the various school districts) and their lists are not intended to be a complete list of all constables sales scheduled. The constable sale is a LIVE AUCTION where you bid on property. See the Harris County Tax Sale Procedures at for clarification.

Looking up Texas counties:
Texas County Data:

You can go to TXCountyData at to search by county and address or the name of the owner. If the county that you are searching for is no longer on that list, go to TaxNetUSA at The problem with TaxNetUSA is that their stuff is not always updated, so you run that risk. Safest bet is to call the County Tax office to get the information - just say that you are considering buying the property.

And this is not a scam, this is the law, your given right, PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE, and a way to keep a county alive and operating by collecting taxes to KEEP IT RUNNING. People die, don't want the hassle of paying back taxes on something, children don't care about a run down farm or house in the sticks, they live in NY and never intend to come to HOUSTON! So, buy from a tax sale, clean up the property you've rescued, and keep Texas Beautiful... and don't believe that you ALWAYS NEED a realtor or lawyer to HOLD YOUR HAND... as I said, if you can sign your name and read, you can do without paying fees, if you want company, take a friend instead.
None off your links show any listing.
Flag Wed May 20, 2015
Trish gave a link to a rogue investor advertisement. The link below is straight from the source. You can search by county.

Good Luck Brandon!
Brandon, this should work for you. I believe the sales are held the first tuesday of the month!

Hope this helps!

Paul stated, "it must be a rogue investor advertisement"

However this was not intentional and I do apologize. I never make accusations about someone I do not know personally. SO please accept my apologies. I do know that you can access this information direct from the countys website. I am not aware of attorneys being in charge of this either! Which is the link he sen, so check it out and make sure! Again, no harm intended. I hope you find what you are looking for.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 4, 2008

I now want to buy properties that government has tried to sell for the back takes owed. I am most interested in the South Texas Coast properties.

Can you help and assist me?

Thank you.

Archbishop Laurence Jensen, Ph.D., M.B.A., D.D
1744 Pob
Aransas Pass, Texas 78335

Let me take out time to inform you just if you are interested in Project Financing, Real Estate Investment, Business Loans from certified private lenders We loan with Interest starting from 5% APR. We are able to fund your project

Contact us with the email below

Linda Johnstone Financial Inc
128 Concord Dr Suite 10,
Greenville North Carolina
Tel: +1 828 572 3329
thank you. Stay in touch.
Flag Sun Aug 23, 2015
Tax lien lists are public records, in other words, they are free. Some sites sell them for a fee (don't go for those sites). You can find some in your area by contacting the counties directly. Go to the phone book and look for your county appraiser or county assessor or even the county treasurer/tax collector.
I'm interested in purchasing delinquent tax liens for commercial properties in Harris county. Where can I get a listing of them ?
Where do I get free listings of government tax lien homes in St. Clair County Illinois'?
You can visit 411 Main in downtown Houston after 15th of each month to pick up a complete list. THis is the office of Lindberger Attorney on 3rd floor.
Yes, brandon where do you get the list for tax lein home.
Downtown in the Tax Lien office. There is no list other than the one issued by the Tax lien office for delinquient properties. In the state of texas you can only purchase the taxed owed and receive a good interest on the tax owed to the county. The Owner of the property has the right to redeem the property within 2 years, pay the arears of taxes the interest rates owed to the person that paid the tax over a period of one to almost two years,. if you lucky and the prev homeowner did not pay the arears and the time lapsed you become the owner of the property. 93% of the properties in delinquent status are being redeemed before it is transferred to the person that paid the taxes with interest.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 13, 2008
When you attempt to purchase these foreclosures you truly need to obtain a real estate agent that will work with you there are at sometimes many problems with these properties, and etc. GOOD LUCK , if you anticipate bidding you will also need to be pre-approved for a loan if you don't have the cash to purchase
Web Reference:
Thank you for that my husband and I were thinking of buying tax lien but it is hard to get information.I f think you can be of assistant e-mail @
Flag Sun May 11, 2014