Foreclosure in Eatontown>Question Details

Donna, Both Buyer and Seller in New Jersey

where do i get free listings of government tax forclosures in nj?

Asked by Donna, New Jersey Sun Nov 25, 2007

By the time they are on these lists, the good ones are already gobbled up by the pros who make a full time living out of detecting foreclosure activity. By the time you see a foreclosure on a list, 20 people have already given it a hard look and determined it wasn't a good deal. Ferreting out foreclosures has become a cottage industry, but for the vast majority of consumers it's a waste of time.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 25, 2007
Thanks Marc. Possibly true depending on the location...but for many online sites providing the lists, they will accept sealed bids when a property first becomes available to forward to the asset prompt response is required, careful due diligence on understanding the property condition, and pricing your offer to be competitive is key I have found. I do agree that in New Jersey, the process is more competitive than other states...the biggest issue in NJ is the overall values are so high, the ability to generate a positive cash flow from an investment rental is not as good as several other states down south. In NJ, I have found that to purchase an reo and renovate and re-sell is the better option given the NJ value situation...Then it comes down to really understanding the values for the county and specifically the city you want to buy in...Tom Hinz
Flag Thu May 7, 2015
Well I would recommend that you contact a local Realtor who can help you find some listings on the MLS. You can look in the newspaper for any Sherrif Sale Listings in which it should state the information on the property. You can also check down at the town tax office. You can also try although I do not know how realiable the database information is. If you would like some information in Morris/Sussex/Warren counties, please check out my website below.
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 25, 2007
There are plenty of resources - some government, many commercial lenders. The gov't lists are becoming more competitive but are still worth pursuing.
Try this for a list of Citibank REOs (foreclosures) that they are looking to sell off...

If you want other lists, try this which has gov't and non-gov't foreclosures...…

I personally disagree with many who say that going after a foreclosure is a bad choice. My rule is this, if you can find something that has built in equity of at least 20% at purchase, and is already rented out generating cash flow, you're ahead of the game! Takes work to find, but they are out there.

If you need more information, let me know. Good luck in your search.
Tom Hinz
Monmouth County Sheriff office in Freehold.
Hi Donna,

Trulia includes foreclosure listings within our search results and you can access the link below to view those listings in your area. The information is provided by RealtyTrac and you do have to register with them to obtain certain information about the listing however they are currently offering a 7-day free trial that you may want to take advantage of.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
I have worked with foreclosures for awhile and there are many ways of locating them. I have helped many homeowners in foreclosure by helping them find a lender that may be able to help or finding an investor if they are looking to sell the property quickly. If looking for a foreclosure property there are alot of foreclosure sites out there, but not many of them have updated lists. You can contact me by email if you are looking for assistance with buying foreclosures.

Email me at:

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 25, 2007

I do business in Monmouth/Ocean county. I have to agree with Marc - scooping up a good foreclosure is a learned skill. I would make 2 suggestions:

(1) Get yourself a good book on forclosures

(2) Find someone who specializes in foreclosures (for more than just the past 2 years).

I do know of a few realtors who having been doing foreclosures for 10+ years (me, not being one of them).

See my website for my contact info, email or call and I will get you in touch with someone.