Foreclosure in 01085>Question Details

Reneeb, Other/Just Looking in 01085

where can I find a preforeclosed home for rent in western massachusetts?

Asked by Reneeb, 01085 Tue Dec 8, 2009

Answers

4
It is only a matter of time before a pre-foreclosed home turns into a foreclosed home. If you need to rent I suggest looking at Craigslist, or picking up the Pennysaver or Westfield Evening News. I am here in Westfield if you need some help.
A pre-foreclosed home can create a bunch of problems for you as a renter. First off many of the "pre-foreclosure" homes owe way more money per month than you are willing to pay in rent. Secondly, do you want a home sold out from under you at auction. Foreclosures can be a real nightmare for renters.

Im not sure what your motive was to rent a pre-foreclosure, but if you are trying to save money stay away.
Don't. Terrible idea.

A preforeclosure home is one that is heading to foreclosure. That likely means the owner hasn't made mortgage payments on it for months.

If you rent such a property, then you're at the mercy of the foreclosure process. When the home is foreclosed upon, then you have to get out. And even before the foreclosure, it's likely that the owner doesn't have the money or interest in making any repairs to the home. Why should he? He knows that he's going to lose whatever he puts in.

Why would you want to rent a preforeclosure home anyway?
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
You are about to be inundated with answers. I suggest finding an experienced REALTOR in your area. if you are not working with a REALTOR yet, try using this link from the National Association of REALTORs site.
http://www.realtor.org/rofindrealtor.nsf/pages/FS_FREALTOR?O…

Good Luck to You.