Foreclosure in Huntsville>Question Details

Kay, Other/Just Looking in Huntsville, AL

what is the time between preforeclosure and foreclosure?

Asked by Kay, Huntsville, AL Fri May 4, 2012

I want to know the time period when the property is consider to be foreclosure starting from the time preforeclosure. What is the time period in days?

Answers

3
It depends on the financial institution involved. There is no defined time period. I have had homes for as long as a year. Sue Von Hor C.D.P.E 301 904 0309
It all depends on the property. In Alabama pre-foreclosure is usually used to designate properties which have been served a foreclosure notice, but haven't yet auctioned on the court house steps. The length of time is generally determined by the lender after certain publication requirements are taken to publish notice of foreclosure in local newspapers. If you are looking at a property that might be getting foreclosed, let me know and I can see what I can find out about it for you. You can contact me at 256-656-3759 or email bklimer@kw.com
Good Question

depends on the part of the county. Could be anywhere from 6 months to 24 months. from the first Letters of Collection being sent to the owner, to the court house sale or hearings.

Each state and county is different.

Good Luck