Mcme, Renter in Chicago Heights, IL

what is an inactive foreclosure?

Asked by Mcme, Chicago Heights, IL Tue Apr 10, 2012

I am renting, and the home was in foreclosure, but according to the bank's attorney it is now "Inactive" and they won't give me anymore information.

Answers

2
Tracey Martin’s answer
An inactive foreclosure means that the lender/servicer has stopped the process for some reason. Usually it means that the homeowner is working with them to modify the loan in some way. I agree with Tim, you need to talk to your landlord or property manager to find out what is going on. It may be ictive today, but that doesn't mean it won't be active again tomorrow. They can start the process again at anytime.
That's the problem...as I told Tim, the landlord is never available until the first of the month when the rent is due. I can't ever get a hold of him and I just found out he doesn't even have an occupancy permit from the city and the inspector has told me he will have to start the court/eviction process!
Flag Wed Apr 11, 2012
If it was in the foreclosure process and went inactive as far as being foreclosed then the owner has stalled the process which means it could be saved by the owner or it has hit a snag and could start up again. You are not the owner so don't expect the bank to answer any questions you have. Your contact should be the landlord / owner.
The problem is the landlord. He won't answer any of my questions and I don't want to keep paying rent and he's pocketing the cash.
Flag Tue Apr 10, 2012