Foreclosure in Shippensburg>Question Details

23fireman, Other/Just Looking in Shippensburg, PA

what happens if the house doesn't sell at the sheriff sale? If it becomes the property of the bank (REO) will we be sent an eviction notice?

Asked by 23fireman, Shippensburg, PA Fri Sep 11, 2009

our's is a odd situation. We were offered a modification loan. I was given the home in my divorce. Was told the loan would be in my name only. when papers came the ex's name was on them. Bank then requested she sign a quit claim deed to do the mortgage in my name only. couldn't stop the sale because she refused to sign. she also had filed bankruptcy and surrendered the home. But I was living in the home and was under the impression. she was done at this point. is there the possiblity that now the home is bank owned that they will now let me do the modification loan in my name only?

Answers

2
See a Real Estate Attorney for Legal Advice.

If Title has been transferred to the Bank (REO), then you may have lost any right to the house.

Again, please see a Real Estate Attorney.

---------------
Best wishes,
Fred Griffin
---------------
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 11, 2009
Very well said. I would second the attorney suggestion!