Foreclosure in Tampa>Question Details

lyndamylou, Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

what does it mean when the list price is $100?

Asked by lyndamylou, Tampa, FL Tue Nov 27, 2012

Answers

5
"If it looks too good to be true, it probably is......" It's likely a typo, scam, of some other sort of mistake.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 27, 2012
Lyndamylou, most likely the $100 refers to a transfer fee in public records and not a list price. Frequently public record activity is posted online and becomes confused with properties listed for sale.

The other explanation might be the start price for an auction bid.

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc.
941.313.1234
http://www.brockrealty-inc.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 27, 2012
It is propbably a typo or some type of base line number added just to get the property into a system. Could potentially be abait and switch tactic or auction also.. this is my best guess.

I also blog about this at my blog, please visit

Please visit my blog: http://brandonrimes.larosarealtyblog.com/

Brandon Rimes, P.A.,C.N.E.

Certified Negotiation Expert

LaRosa Realty - Tampa Manager/Lead Recruiter

Brandon@brandonrimes.com

727-248-0533 Cell/TEXT

813-917-1894 Cell/TEXT

813-425-6977 E-Fax

BR058290 Skype

CLICK HERE FOR FREE MLS SEARCH
It probably means it is not for sale but a RealtyTrac listing that shows a public records filing of a foreclosure or final judgement.

It's not possible to buy a property in Tampa Bay below about $75k--unless you're willing to live in a higher crime area.

Your Realtor can give you a Listingbook account to search genuinely available properties and also give you advise on areas you may want to avoid due to the crime, flooding, sinkhole, chinese drywall... etc. etc.
Hi Lyndamylou,

There are two answers, I can give you. One if a property is listed at 100k, you can still put an offer on it. I will tell you it's very competive right now, there are alot of big investors buying up properties in that price range and inventory is low. So, some buyers are actually coming in higher on their offers.

Depends on the type of listing too! If it's an approved short sale. Sometimes a listing agent will say it's an approved price. That means the bank will not accept any less for the property than 100k. But an approved short sale does have a time frame too so it's best to have an experienced buyer's agent help put your offer together. They can contact the agent and find out how old the approval is for you.

I hope that answers your questions.A buyer's agent can tell you what tell you what the property is worth and help you come up with the best offer. And remember the buyer's agent is paid by the seller! If your in need help.... you can check out my buyer's presentation for myself and company at http://www.c21be3.com