Foreclosure in 91942>Question Details

Elder William, Home Buyer in Reno, NV

what are my rights on non disclosure of black mold i actually have seller admitting it on tape over phone.i dont know my rights or the law

Asked by Elder William, Reno, NV Thu Apr 11, 2013

Answers

6
Having been an expert witness with 20 years of experience in courtrooms I wll expand on this conversation somewhat by adding that tape recordings are not admissable as evidence in a courtroom so I wouldn't go there. As others have stated you really should be consulting a RE attorney if the escrow has already closed.
Legal questions really need the help of an attorney - ask your agent for additional info.
Hi Elder,

Cory provided a consise response below and much more cannot be said without more details, as Lance mentions.

-Steve
Since you are seeking legal advice, it's in your best interest to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate....
Need a lot more info to respond to this. Sellers are supposed to disclose any material facts, and black mold would certainly fall under that category. If you have closed on the house then you could potentially go after the seller for costs to remedy. I would ask your agent what to do and then perhaps an atty
I'm wondering why you didn't just ask the seller where the written disclosure is, if you already knew about the mold from your conversation together. If you knew about it, you could have asked the Seller to repair the damage and the issue that caused it. Read your contract. The answers you're looking for should be spelled out in the contract you agreed to. What is your agent saying? You never mentioned whether escrow already closed, or if you're still in your inspection and reports contingency period. I'd talk to your agent, that's what you hire them for.
Great answer
Flag Fri Apr 12, 2013