Foreclosure in Belmont>Question Details

Heidenina, Renter in Belmont, CA

we are moving and the owners are selling the house, we got boxes all over the place and owners wants to remove the over head bars in the back yard

Asked by Heidenina, Belmont, CA Thu May 27, 2010

that has termites. We ask that they do ts after we move in 3 weeks because we have boxes and furnitures in the area owners says no and are hostile, threatening and very rude any advice?

Answers

2
Again, as a renter, you have rights to the use of the property. Generally the home owner has to give you at least 24 hours notice to enter the property unless it is an emergency. I would also use this as a negotiating point rather than argue about it. It may be that they have to have this removed in order to sell it. If you help the situation, they would likely work with you.
As a renter you have rights but not sure how this would apply to a fixture in the back yard. The buyers or the seller agent may be recomending that this 'termite ridden' feature be removed to help sell the house - not exactly bad advice. I would suggest working with them instead of digging your heals in the sand - they will be the ones deciding if you get your deposit back, if you can stay 1 extra day if needed due to some last minute issue ( moving trucks break down, storms delay moves, etc).
The weekend is coming up. I would suggest asking for a few days to move the boxes into the garage, spare bedroom, wherever.