Foreclosure in 32547>Question Details

April, Other/Just Looking in 32547

rent to own places in fort walton beach

Asked by April, 32547 Thu Mar 22, 2012

would like to rent to own a place 3 br

Answers

6
Take a minute to think about WHY you would prefer a Lease Purchase instead of buying outright.

Are you worried about having the funds for a down payment? If you qualify, Florida offers homebuyer assistance through a bond program that can help provide money for your down payment and closing costs. About $7500. That makes it possible to get into a home of your own for relatively little cash. Sellers are also helping with closing costs these days.

If your concern is your credit, one of the best things you can do is obtain your credit score, look through it carefully and correct any issues you have--common problems are unpaid medical bills, old items a person didn't know about or that are incorrect. Many are easily fixed and some creditors will even settle with you for less than the full amount if you ask the question.

If you just are not sure how the home buying process works, contact a REALTOR. Any of us would gladly help you through the process. A local loan officer (your REALTOR can connect you to one or more) can also take a look at your credit and tell you what needs to be resolved and how to do it.

We'd had clients who had to take a few months to settle up a few old items, and then they were ready to buy.

Currently in many cases you can find an affordable home that meets your needs, and buy for LESS than you would be paying in rent per month. Explore your options.

Lease to purchase isn't a common option as most home sellers do not want to tie up their property on a lease when the sale might not go through. Best of luck and feel free to contact any REALTOR who responded to your question for help.
thank you
Flag Wed Mar 28, 2012
Hi April,

Renting to own, is sometimes an option, depending on your situation, but most times there are better options. My suggestion is to talk with a Realtor and talk over all the possible solutions to your housing needs. Be prepared to talk about your financial situation, and your credit.

Also make sure that the Realtor you chose is working in YOUR best interest. The link below will give you some questions to ask when interviewing a Realtor to help you.

And of coarse I would be glad to talk you through it.

Lyn Woods
Exclusive Buyer's Broker
Lyn@KLWProperties.Biz
(850) 240-7133
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 23, 2012
thank you
Flag Wed Mar 28, 2012
Don’t do that unless you can find at least 10 people you know personally that have been successful as a rent-to-own buyer, can’t find 10? Go with 5.

Never met one personally, never, ever done a take out mortgage for one. Have talked to dozens that have lost a lot of money. Hope the info I linked below will keep you from getting harmed, good luck,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 22, 2012
thank you
Flag Wed Mar 28, 2012
I would like to get a house for my boys and me and my mom we could one 4 350 to 450 plase call me 727-851-2748 think u
April, how long a period of time would you be considering renting before purchasing? And how much could you realistically afford to pay in rent? There may be other homesellers that may be able to consider that type of deal with the right scenario. Obviously not something many homeowners could viably entertain.
Web Reference: http://www.KarenButler.com
thank you
Flag Wed Mar 28, 2012
there are only two rent to own properties currently listed in Fort Walton Beach.
670 Bryn Mawr Blvd and 903 Lighthouse Rd. If you are looking for properties I can help you to identify some potential foreclosures that might work for you in a straight sale. Lease options (rent to own) usually require a rather large payment up front which you generally loose if you don't go forward with the purchase.

drop me a line or give me a call and I'll see how I can help you.

Myke Triebold, GRI, ABR, SFR, LMC
MykeSaysSold@aol.com
850-305-6256
thank you
Flag Wed Mar 28, 2012