Foreclosure in 94589>Question Details

Runarko Thur…, Real Estate Pro in California

okay my name is runarko thurston im trying to start a trashout company. and i don't kow who were to start .

Asked by Runarko Thurston, California Mon Apr 27, 2009

i live in Vallejo , C.A there is alot of house that going on yha market an that need some maintace i jus don't know were to go an who to talk to

Answers

2
Hi Runarko,

Good job keeping an open mind and coming up with a service that the public needs. I suggest you follow what a friend of mine did in starting a business just like yourself. He began by forming a management company. At the same time he began appearing at the local City Council Meetings since many Cities have City Codes on the books with regards to the upkeep of properties. Once he had addressed the City Council and confirmed the City Codes he proposed that the City enter into an agreement with his company. For a hundred dollars a month for each house his company would take care of the properties. The City would then pass the bill along to the Bank who had taken ownership of the property for re-payment. The City Council was impressed with his idea and gave him a contract for 2,000 homes at $100.00 a month for each house. I wish you nothing but the best of luck. Make it happen!

Matt
Hi Runarko,
Good for you that you are starting your own business, that takes guts! I would suggest that once you get your business license, market yourself to your local real estate companies. Perhaps you could get some flyers printed with a list of what you can do to help a REO listing agent for example: yard clean up and weekly maintenance, clearing out and hauling away trash, if you can perform repairs etcetera. Bring a stack of these flyers to the real estate companies, ask if you can speak with a REO listing agent, introduce yourself and continue asking for the business. You can also go to the internet and look up different banks and search for "Vendor" inquiries and sign up directly with some of the banks. Good luck.
Julie Rees - Realtor
Coldwell Banker - Folsom, CA
julie.rees@cbnorcal.com (916) 622-7337