Foreclosure in Oak Forest>Question Details

Debbie, Home Buyer in 60445

need a real estate agent that is well versed in short sales. Last agent I had was not helpful

Asked by Debbie, 60445 Fri Feb 17, 2012

Answers

11
Janet Nation, CBR’s answer
It sounds like you just need a good agent. A real estate agent versed in short sale can't do much as the selling agent, the control and skill set lies with the listing agent. However, It is helpful if your agent has some knowledge of the short sale process so that he or she knows the right questions to ask the listing agent as the transaction moves along the pipe and can advise you if it appears to be going in the right direction,
Debbie,
Tim is correct, your agent's primary job will be to investigate the competence of the listing agent or hired negotiator. I can look up an agent’s sales history in my MLS and tell if they are successfully selling short sales or just listing them. Your agent should know enough to call any bluffs the listing agent tries and to explain this convoluted process to you as you reach various stages.
I did a blog post a while back on all the pieces that need to come together for a successful short sale closing. You might find it helpful.
If you need a lender, I have a lot of experience with short sales. I closed 2 last month, and 3 in February. Many times you may need FHA's 203K rehab loan program. Short sales are often damaged in the process. Feel free to contact me with questions.
What is your time frame for buying a short sale .It's a wait and see. Some banks are faster than others with a response. We would be happy to work with you
I can help you too Debbie, I sold five homes in oak forest last year and can help your buyer buy a short sale , reo or estate sale at a exceptional deal.
Web Reference: http://Ralphvargas.com
Okay, good for you...I'm familiar with those areas and my office is in Oak Lawn 95th and Ridgeland. You can still call me. I also work with buyers. Thanks Debbie. Have a awesome day.
A buyers agent on a short sale is not hard, the hard part is being the sellers agent and dealing with the lender. What was it your other buyers agent was not helpful with? Often buyers get frustrated with the time required in a short sale and there is just nothing a buyers agent can do to speed up the process and when there is a sellers agent involved that is inexperienced it makes it 10x worse. Not all short sales go through and you can offer double what the listing is for and it won't make some happen either - frustrating!!
Sorry should of rephrased the question. Need a good agent for a buyer looking to purchase a short sale in the 60452 or 60445 area
You are in Midlothian, I can meet you Sunday or Monday. Let me know. You can also text me. My services are paid by the bank. I'll check your title to see if we have time to do a short sale. Call me. 773-517-8373
Feel free to check out my website and contact me if you'd like to work with an aggressive full-time agent certified in distressed properties who is also an accredited buyers representative.
Web Reference: http://chitownshortsale.com
Give me a call. Short sales is what I do the most. call 773-517-8373- If the home owner is helpfull and provides all I need to process a short sale than I'm your girl.