Foreclosure in 48170>Question Details

Murphydog, Home Owner in 48170

my property was sold at sherriff sale last week. i had no prior noticf this . how can i find out who purchased it.?

Asked by Murphydog, 48170 Thu Aug 9, 2012

Answers

5
I find it hard to believe that you no prior notice. They attach papers on the house, run ads in the newspaper and make many attempts to mail to the address on record. You will have a hard time getting anyone to believe you had no idea assuming you are the owner. Is there anyone else on record as being the owner that may have been notified and did not tell you??
You had no prior notice? What about not making the payments on the house? I'm sure you knew that wasn't happening, right?

They paste big notices to your door and send you letters letting you know that it's going to happen.

The bank or government agency that backed the mortgage is who purchased it.
I agree with the other agents. It sounds odd that someone could have no idea that it was going to auction. Sounds like it's time to move on.
Are you the owner of the property or a renter? I ask because owners are notified with multiple letters, phone calls, notifications from their mortgange company, attornies, etc. It is next to impossible for a homeowner to not know that their property is being auctioned. The homeowner knows they are not paying the mortgage - for homeowner's it is obvious. For renters, it may very well be a huge surprise. If you are the homeowner, I would strongly suggest you move before the sherrifs department comes to the house and throws all your property on to the curb.
I'd be happy to take a look for you as this information is public record, however, most likely your current mortgage company has the house. I'd be happy to explain in more details of.you want. Feel free to contact me.