Foreclosure in 92106>Question Details

Sdsi, Home Owner in 92106

my notice of trustee sale amount is incorrect

Asked by Sdsi, 92106 Thu May 31, 2012

what are my rights to delay the sale?

Help the community by answering this question:



Please give me a call ASAP, we have been able to help folks avoid foreclosure, I feel your pain, in 2008 when all of this was beginning I lost my favorite property, and I can help you avoid that.

Hector R. Gastelum
Realty Executives Dillon
REALTOR #01382940
efax 619-270-2516
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 31, 2012
Hello Sdsi~

I see errors quite often in the amount delinquent. There are late fees and legal fees added on as well. Are you trying to save your home? There are several options you have. I help homeowners in your situation every day, and can also refer you to an Attorney who offers a free phone consultation to advise you of your best options, once he knows the details. Just don't wait, the sooner we get to work on postponing the sale date, the better the outcome.

You can also get a free report with your options at

Good Luck with a positive outcome, I am here to help.

Chris Gorno
Certified Distressed Property Expert
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 31, 2012
I am trying to buy time of about 60-90 days, so that I may pay the total amount of default.
Flag Thu May 31, 2012
The notice of trustee sale amount does not usually match what you may have as a current balance. They add thousands of dollars in extra legal fees in order to foreclose on a homeowner.

Options to extend a trustee sale date:

1. You can ask your lender, but, the lender will probably say no.
2. You can initiate a loan modification process, but they will also usually still foreclose.
3. You can begin a short sale, but it sounds like you may be too late for that.
4. You can ask a lawyer to represent you to attempt to get the sale date postponed, but many times the lawyers will collect fees up front and not guarantee any results.
5. You can claim bankruptcy and that will delay the sale date

I hope that helps.
If you still need help, I work with a lawyer that will guarantee the sale date extension.
Meaning, if they do not succeed, you get your money back.
Just contact me and I will give you their info.
BTW, I am open to giving this info. to anyone that wants it, these guys are batting 100% for me so far!

Kevin Sanderlin
Keller Williams Realty
Cell 858-212-4702
"Helping Hundreds of Homeowners Avoid Foreclosure"
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 31, 2012
I would bet that the Bank is adding their costs to the payoff on the loan:
At this point, they want that number to be as high as possible, so they may add the paper towels in their bathrooms to the total.

Question; what difference does it make to you at this point?
Is it the principle that they are inflating their profit?

California is a Non-Recourse state, so you should be Okay there.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 31, 2012
You'll have to contact a real estate attorney, this is a legal question for sure.

Good luck to you!

Warm Regards,

Cory La Scala, REALTOR
Independence Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 31, 2012

We would recommend you call a real estate attorney as soon as possible to discuss your recourse.

Best regards,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
Serving Greater San Diego
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 31, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer