Foreclosure in Valley Oak>Question Details

Jennifer, Other/Just Looking in Valley Oak, Stockton,...

my mother in law want to sign over the deed in home she had just bought . why is that? can it be because she defaulted on her previous home and?

Asked by Jennifer, Valley Oak, Stockton, CA Sat Sep 19, 2009

just walked away from it and now she don't want the bank to put a lien on her new one? I don't understand but, but i think something funny is going on with her and shes not telling us the truth. she is being very persistant and she said if he can just say that he's renting the house to them. then she said in 3 years for him to sign it over to her again. i need some advise please what should i do?

Answers

2
Hi Jennifer...

You may want to check with a real estate attorney on possible ramifications. California is an non deficiency state which means that a bank cant come after you if this was your primary home and the loans that you had on it were the original purchase. There may be rules on occupancy and taxes that need to be considered too. Unfortunately, I am not an attorney and my real estate license prohibits me from going into any specifics with you. If you cant find an Attorney to speak with there is a website I can refer you to. They have been on CNN, MSNBC, etc... and they can give you specific advice according to the state that you live. You can find them at http://www.youwalkaway.com

Toni
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 19, 2009
Thats probably exactly why she wants to do this. She bought and bailed and now is worried about the aftermath. If her old lender gets a deficiency judgement they could very well attach a lien to her new house. They can't attach a lien of she doesn't own the property. To me it is pretty clearly fraudulent to sign over your title to avoid a lien, after stepping out on the first lender like this, but I am not a lawyer.

It sounds like you dont feel comfortable with this, and understandably so. Not sure if there are any possible legal ramifications in getting involved, but if you just dont feel right about it, don't do it.
Web Reference: http://www.homesbyminna.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 19, 2009