Foreclosure in 91326>Question Details

Donna, Home Buyer in 85301

my home owners is charging me for money that was settle with their attorny last year. they are now saying their attorny charged them more so i owe

Asked by Donna, 85301 Thu Mar 4, 2010

more the attorny reported my account for that bill is closed and paid but the home owners are saying they are going to send my account to the attorny again if I don't pay the money they were shorted from the attorney

Answers

5
This definitely sounds like you need some legal advise. I would contact your attorney with this question.
Hi Donna,
It is a little unclear exactly what is going on here. Do you still own this property? Were you in default in your HOAs at some point in time? If you were and are, have the HOAs filed a lien on the property? It sounds to me like you need legal and tax advice immediately. If you cannot afford it, there are government proograms for low-income legal advice. Be very careful who you talk to and what you say from here on out.
Did you have an attorney of your own--if so consult with him/her regarding the situation--protect yourself--your attorney can best advise.
Donna you need to be represented and protected by your own attorney, hopfully your settlement was in writing to protect you. If it is not in writing, they will attempt to go after you for monthly fees and all legal costs. You should check with an attorney on what the collection laws and time frames are in yoru state, i wish you luck in working things out in your favor.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com