Foreclosure in 06704>Question Details

Evelyn Aldar…, Other/Just Looking in Connecticut

my home is due for public auction on sept 22,2011 in waterbury ct how long do i have from then to move out

Asked by Evelyn Aldarondo, Connecticut Mon Aug 8, 2011

Answers

5
Hi Evelyn, there may also be a difference between if it is an auction from the City which would be a tax one or if it is directly from the lender which would be a foreclosure by sale. You may also have a redemption period to try to get the property back or can file for bankruptcy protection or a short sale to help your credit in the future. Please feel free to contact me to discuss further, Julie Lucia, Realtor, Showcase Realty, 203-578-5631; julie@julierealestate.com
Hi Evelyn,

You may have several options including filing bankruptcy or conducting a short sale, both of which may be able to get your more time.You should obtain legal advice from an attorney on both of these options including tax and credit consequences.

If you would like to talk more about the short sale process please call me or email me your contact info.

Best of luck,

Phyllis Fusco
Broker
CT Hombuyer,LLC
203-437-0276
pmarie9@hotmail.com
A lot will depend on the lender, and whether or not it does sell at auction. If it does sell, the buyer will most likely start eviction proceedings immediatey. This could take up to 90 days before you are 'moved out'. If it does not sell, it will depend on the lender. Some of the bigger institutions are way behind in the eviction process, and they may not start for several months. They may, or may not offer you a cash for keys option.
Did you try to sell it? Is there any equity in the property? If not, did you look into a short sale option?
If you would like some more info on these options, pleae feel free to contact me.
Dan Ross
Century 21 AllPoints Realty
(860) 736-1002
Web Reference: http://www.danrossre.com
Evelyn, I agree with Ron. I'm and agent that works the Waterbury area. Call me. 203.482.7046
If it all goes like usual, the house will not sell at Auction, (very few do)
That will make the House revert to the Lender.
Then, 2-3 weeks later, a Realtor will get the Listing and they will visit you: They will offer you Moving Money/Cash for Keys, from $1000 to $3000 for a timely move without damage to the house.
Please do not take the lights or the doors.
From that point, they would expect you to be out in 30
They will give you the money AFTER you move.

Good luck and may God bless