Foreclosure in 46222>Question Details

Lashonda, Home Buyer in Indianapolis, IN

looking for forecloused homes or bank owned, in the price range 5000-8000 dollars. how to find out about a house that is borded up?

Asked by Lashonda, Indianapolis, IN Fri Dec 2, 2011

can you please send him or myself some info on these inquiries?

Answers

8
Good Afternoon Lashonda. If you have an address for this property, I would be able to pull this up on our local Multiple Listing Service to see if this home is currently available for sale, if so, for how much. If this property was recently purchased, that information would be available as well. if neither of this options establish the current status of this property, you could look into obtaining a marion county auction list for the up and coming auction (6/20/2012) to establish if this home is set to go at auction. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks.

Mallorie Wilson
Associate Broker
Century 21 Diversified
malloriewilson.com
317-590-3434 direct
317-585-7748 office
317-845-7726 fax

Thanks.

Mallorie Wilson
Associate Broker
Century 21 Diversified
malloriewilson.com
317-590-3434 direct
317-585-7748 office
317-845-7726 fax
Lashonda,
You shouldn't just focus on foreclosers and/or bank owned homes. If you come across a boarded up house there is a good chance you can find the owner on title and make on offer direct on the home. If you would like to discuss this further please call me at 317-572-5001 or email me at info@sparkrealtygroup.com
Lashonda,

I woud have answered this earlier, but I have been out all day with a client from out of state looking at several of thease type of properties. Some that we looked at today are boarded up, some not. His criteria is similar and that is why I keep a flashlight and an electric screwdriver in my car handy. In the last 60 days we have purchased 9 of these bank owned fixer-uppers. We have finished 7 of them and they are now for rent (well, half are now rented already).
I am, as well as a licensed realtor, a licensed contractor. That being said, I know what to look for in these types of homes. You should check with at least 2 or 3 of the realtors that respond and choose who you feel is the best fit for you. I would be more than happy to discuss helping you out.

Ron Smith
Keller Williams
(317)846-6300
rons@kw.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
We own 50+ of those home right now.
How many do you need?
We can also do the rehab & property management for you.
Web Reference: http://www.sregproperty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
Lashonda, what would you want to know about the boarded up house? If you have a specific one in mind, feel free so send me an email with the address and I'll look it up to see if it's for sale. If you can be more specific (area, sq ft, beds, baths, etc), I can send you properties that match your criteria. Just let me know...
Web Reference: http://IndyPropertyShop.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
Lashonda

Sally is correct, a local realtor would be able to help you with bank owned properties. I specialize in distressed properties and would be able to help you.

Scott Orich
RE/MAX Ability Plus
scott@scottorich.com
317-513-6488
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Web Reference: http://www.scottorich.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
Your best bet is to find a local Realtor to work for you as a Buyer's Agent. He/she will have access to the local MLS system and can search properties specific to your needs. Regarding a house that's boarded up -- ask your agent to look into it, and see if it's on the market. Just because you see a boarded up house doesn't mean it's available for sale. Almost all bank owned & foreclosed properties will be in the MLS....at some point. It can take awhile for homes to go through the foreclosure process. Again, a REALTOR will able to help you find what you're looking for. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011