Foreclosure in 75013>Question Details

buyer, Home Buyer in 75013

let say the house is pre-forclosure the auction is done let say it was done oct. 2 and the owner of the house can still leave there and how long they

Asked by buyer, 75013 Sun Oct 4, 2009

can stay in their house? what's the next step after auction if nobody bid. What will happen to the owner who still leave there? Are they gonna be evict?

Answers

3
If no one else bids on the property at the courthouse auction, then the foreclosing bank becomes the owner of the home. The new owner/bank will begin the eviction process, but based on the number of files they have the timeframe can vary significantly.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Melissa Hailey
Coldwell Banker Jane Henry Realtors
North Texas Top Team, Realtors
214-418-0180
Melissa.Hailey@ColdwellBanker.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 4, 2009
That is the secret only the bank knows when they are going to evict the last owner.
I wish I had better news for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 4, 2009
Eventually the new owner/bank will proceed with standard eviction processes. Typically they will try all normal means to get a hold of the tenant. If they fail, they will have a constable put a 3 day notice on the door and after three days everything will be moved out.

The thing is every bank moves at different paces, I have heard from most of them that once they get the house back this process can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months.

hope this helps
RJ
214-682-0598
Web Reference: http://www.findapadfast.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 4, 2009