Foreclosure in Las Vegas>Question Details

Kpbc Ltd,  in London, UK

las vegas

Asked by Kpbc Ltd, London, UK Mon Jan 28, 2008

I have ten million to invest in Las Vegas property. I would like to spread my risk.
What do you suggest?

I currently have foreclosure bundles from major lenders that can be purchased at .50 to .60 cents on the dollar at all price points. Min of 5 homes per bundle. These are special pricing I have obtained from regional asset managers. Joseph below has some good ideas about investing and diversifying.
There's A LOT of low priced 2 & 3 bedroom condos for sale in the Sunrise Mountain / Juniper Hills Blvd. area that will make good rental units. I think there are currently 16 properties for sale in this community with the lowest price somewhere around $42K. This is a working class neighborhood surrounded by east side casinos, so there is likely to be a steady pool of potential renters. My website link below has some photos of the community and info on the general area.
Good Luck.
Currently vacant land is a great investment because Banks are not receiving payments from borrowers and are having to foreclose. Land does not provide a return until it is either sold, developed or appreciates to the point of collateral options. You may consider dividing the 10 mil into a 4 part investment light commecial, vacant land, mulri unit rental investments and housng for rental and appreciation future value.

A city's economy starts with employment and jobs. Las Vegas is in the enviable position of just opening Steve Wynn's fabulous Luxury Hotel Casino Enterprise called "Encore" 2000 plus jobs.added. Fountain Blue coming on board later ths year with 2500 jobs and City Center on board 4th quarter 2009 or ist quarte 2010 with a staggering 13000 jobs.

A great time to invest in Las Vegas. Remember Las Vegas is the last to be affected and the first to pull out of adversity.

In summary spread your investment to 4 areas and your risks with worst case scenarios will neutralize . All areas should involve purchasing Bank Owned foreclosures.

Call Steven Schultz Broker Agent with Windermere Prestige Properties for free consultation. 702-280-1990
or email
Mr. Kpbc,
You and your group are very astute in selecting Las Vegas as the location of your sizable investment. I would suggest you start with a couple of units at the Mandarin Oriental at City Center because of very high demand - the Harmon would be a good second option also at City Center. I would then look for infill land opportunities in the southwest or northwest that are zoned residential or commercial and are in the path of current or future development. This strategy would offer you diversification, cash flow and future appreciation potential! Check out my blog to see my reasons why Las Vegas is a great place to invest in real estate!
I find it very interesting that you would want to put 10 million dollar investment into the Las Vegas market all by yourselves. I would very much like to hear your thought process and where is your investment advisor (s) in all this?

Bill Johnson
Hello Kpbc,
This is definitely one of the best Buyer's markets that Las Vegas has ever seen for residential Real Estate. There are certainly some great deals to be had right now. Len is right... Our commercial market seems to be holding up very well. Because of the economical and business/tax benefits of Nevada, Vegas has never really seen a dramatic shortage of new commercial ventures and developments.
Since you want to spread your risk... I would recommend picking up some Commercial and Residential property to diversify your Real Estate portfolio.
Real Estate is always speculation... but with the growing concern of land scarcity for future Residential building in Las Vegas, it may be nice to pick up a couple of Custom homes homes on nice sized lots. 1/2 acre + and especially 1 acre + lots are becoming more and more of a rarity it seems.
I have some great ideas I would love to email you for you to take a look at. I also would be happy to email you some great sources of info on the Las Vegas market. If you are interested... just shoot me a quick email at or you can visit my website below to contact me.
I hope this is of some help... I look forward to hearing from you.
Web Reference:
Hi, my name is Len and I am a Real Estate Broker here in Las Vegas. The answer to your question all depends on how fast you want a return on your investment. Residential is great to buy right now, but you will not be looking for any equity for a few years minimum. You can pick up a few foreclosure deals right now, rent them out, then sell later down the road for profit. There are some great investment properties around town that I run into all the time. Commercial real estate is still doing pretty well right now. You can always buy some land or buildings and use it for lease deals. Let me know which type of investing you want to do and I will be happy to help you out. I am very familiar with this real estate market here. You can email me at Hope to talk to you soon. Take care.