Foreclosure in Wareham>Question Details

Linda Smith, Home Buyer in Lyman, ME

is wareham a good place for seniors to live?

Asked by Linda Smith, Lyman, ME Mon Aug 29, 2011

Answers

3
Philzao’s answer
Well Linda, I am not a self serving broker. I am a senior and looking to buy a home in Wareham b/c family is close by. I can tell you this much. The town board of Assessors are a bunch of lying thieves.

On the town web site, they board claims to assess properties at " fair market value". Such crap. Properties are now assessed at what they *might* have sold for in 2005..... 7 years ago.

Plan on paying the crooks about a third of your monthly costs in taxes. The town spends all their money buying conservation land and then assesses the locals for it. The town is so broke that they are now telling parents that they are going to limit school bus services and they are trying for force through new Title 5 Septic systems that cost 20 - 40K on the population. Not a good place unless you have compelling reasons to want to be there.
Linda,
The choice in where to live is SUCH a personal decision, it is so hard to say. Everyone is looking for something different (city, town, beach, etc) and has a different threshold for things like population, density, etc. As Christine said, you can do research on different parts of the town such a crime, hospital services, etc.

Have you spent much time in Wareham?
We can't tell you that , but you can look up the crime and facilities if you google the town