Foreclosure in Detroit>Question Details

Frank, Home Buyer in Perth, ND

is it worth investing in these dumps in detroit. Will detroit ever recover?

Asked by Frank, Perth, ND Sun Apr 4, 2010

just need some advice detroit is dirt cheap.surely one day it will thrive again

Answers

1
Hi Frank,

I love Detroit! It is going to take a long time for Detroit to recover and by a long time I expect 20 years. What will get Detroit back on track is when a large company moves there and starts to hire thousands for jobs. The main issue is the lack of jobs. People are leaving Detroit in huge numbers. The real estate is abandoned. Here is what Detroit has going for them.

Natural Water
Manufacturing infrastructure
Location

I do not think American Consumption will grow to be what it was in the past. Our population is growing and we are living longer. I think the best bet for Detroit would be to try to attract manufacturing jobs there and specifically in the Green industry. Metal roofs, bamboo floors, housing related manufacturing and consumer staple items manufacturing.

I love Detroit. Detroit is important to the American History, Motown and Cars and so many other things. I believe that by 2026 Detroit will be thriving again...it is going to take time. Don't count Detroit out just yet!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 5, 2010