Foreclosure in Georgia>Question Details

Kim, Other/Just Looking in Georgia

is NACA a legimate program? What problems have been reported?

Asked by Kim, Georgia Tue Aug 11, 2009

Answers

4
I've been trying to work with them here in NYC for more than a few months. I've had nothing but problems.

One counselor didn't show up for our appointment. She just didn't show up, didn't contact me before or after to apologize or anything. My next counselor started my paperwork, then went on vacation, then quit. My THIRD counselor won't return my calls or emails. I last spoke to him about a month and a half ago and he's not emailed or called once.

It's now been over three months since I've submitted by last round of paperwork and now I'll probably need to submit that much more because I'll have to update all the bank records one again.

I'd read all of the comments online and I could try to be patient and stick it out , but I'm truly at the end of my rope. I don't think I can continue to work with them. They haven't been very responsive or professional.
The comments found on Trulia and some news reports are not of the flattering kind. NACA provides a counseling service and is rewarded with government money. Check out this link.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/05/04/i-team-naca-investigation/

Processing all of the applications for a modification is reportedly a huge task. The NACA lines are jammed. Realistically, not everyone is going to receive a modification. I haven't seen any reports that the number of mods has risen to 1 million. If you're in a distressed situation, contact your Congressional delegation and let them know your story. They can list all of the contacts.

Or, call 888 995 HOPE (4673).
Kim,
As Joshua said yes they are legitimate. But you can if you havean agent get them registered with NACA and use that agent. It takes awhile but if you are cash poor they will work with you, and there are no closing cost.
They do have their rules but nothing that can't be lived with it it gets you your home.
Bill in RALEIGH
NACA is a legitimate program. There's a lot of hoops to jump through and once you sign up with them you are locked into the agent and the company doing the loan is Bank of America. There's lots of good stuff that goes with it too, but you've got to get through all their hoops, which means waiting 60 days for an appointment too.
Joshua Jarvis, Real Estate Pro in Duluth, GA