Foreclosure in Wilson>Question Details

Tracey Davis, Home Buyer in Wilson, NC

in nc if my house is auctioned off at a forecloser sale how long until i have to get out

Asked by Tracey Davis, Wilson, NC Wed Apr 3, 2013

I live in wilson and my home is being acutioned off tomorrow in a forecloser sale at the court house steps how long before i have to be out of my house

Answers

2
Tracey,

The process works in this manner. The sale at the court steps stays open for ten days. During this time the bid can be raised. If this happens, the sale remains open another ten days from the "upset" bid. Once there has been a period of ten days with out bidding, then the sale is closed. At this point, depending on who is the final bidder ( bank or a person), the sale will have to be finalized and recorded at the court house. Once it is recorded at the court house, it has now changed from your hands to the highest bidder. So when do you get out? You may be sent a notice at anytime during this period to vacate the property. Most likely, you will get a notice at the end, when it has been recorded at the court house. Short answer. A couple of weeks to months.

Good Luck and stay Positive!
Probably about 6 weeks,
It takes time.
You should be contacted by a Realtor.
They have to give you 30 days from their NOTICE.
They should offer Cash-for-Keys.

Good luck and may God bless