Foreclosure in Romulus>Question Details

Anna, Home Buyer in Michigan

in Michigan if a home is just under 3 acres acres and occupied, what is the redemption period after a sherrifs sale on a foreclosure?

Asked by Anna, Michigan Fri Nov 19, 2010

Answers

5
Missy - wondering if the 2.77 acres is a change....I had always thought if under 2.99 acres the redemption was 6 months and if over 12 months. Can you let me know because I want to make sure I know the correct info.
Thanks!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 21, 2010
Anna,

Missy is absolutely correct ... have a short sale specialist analyze your situation and likely get the home listed, ASAP! My team and I just got a short sale approved on a home that has 2 months left in the redemption period...
Web Reference: http://DoorToDreams.com
Hi Anna, the foreclosure law in Michigan is anything over 2.77 Ac you have one year to redeem the property.

Less than that it is 6 months.

If you are in the process, get your home listed ASAP as a "short Sale".
HI Anna
Michigan law required a 6mo redemption after sherrif sale. If you need more information you can e-mail me
gpruitt@mirealsource.com there are other options,short sale depending how much time is left on the
redemption.If I can help I need where in Michigan you are.

Good Luck
Glenn Pruitt
6 months if under 3 acres and 12 months if more than 3 acres.