Jl, Home Buyer in Jefferson City, TN

if a house is listed as REO, but I cannot find it on the owners website (altisource) how do I know when it is up for sale?

Asked by Jl, Jefferson City, TN Wed May 19, 2010

Answers

2
I am assuming you found the property via the gohoming.com site. Homes are sold to the highest bidder. If you haven't done so already look at the properties listed at:

http://www.gohoming.com/TN/search-results.htm?type=reo-properties

I hope this helps.
Any local agent can help you, if it's on the market, they will know, contact any realty office(s) and inquire--not sure where you saw the listing, however if seen on RealtyTrac, keep in mind that RealtyTrac's information is not always accurate and oftentimes misleading--you could be looking at a lis pendens property--notice of default--some of those properties may not be for sale yet, and some may never be, if the default is satisfied by the owner. If you are interested in foreclosures, work with an agent--he/she will have access to reliable information--also don't overlook traditional sales as some may turn out to be a much better bargain than some of the foreclosure properties.