Foreclosure in Houston>Question Details

Paul G, Home Owner in Houston, TX

i was told by a attorney that there are papers , and other things that can be filled, to help you stay in the home that was foreclosed on

Asked by Paul G, Houston, TX Sat Mar 16, 2013

up to 60 to 120 days while you get back on your feet , it would cost about $ 500 a month, is there such a thing

Help the community by answering this question:


Paul ...

You should contact that attorney and ask to see what paperwork he'd/she'd be filing. Not only have I not seen anything like it, I've never heard of any lawyer charging by the month. There are several procedures in place to avoid foreclosure ... but once the process is complete, the home belongs to the lender. If I'm not mistaken, you'd likely be considered trespassing ... check with the attorney on this as well. As I noted in my previous answer to you, your best course of action is to move, so as to avoid embarrassment.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 16, 2013
Are you asking if the lawyer was wrong or lied to you? I have never met a lawyer yet that admits to lying or being wrong.

Are you saying he will charge you that much - $500/mo? I am thinking I would call another lawyer.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 16, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer