Foreclosure in San Francisco>Question Details

Stucco, Home Owner in Hico, TX

i was foreclosed and my house was auctioned without me being personnaly notified

Asked by Stucco, Hico, TX Sat Dec 31, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Ron Thomas’ answer
Normally, there are three things that they do:
They stick a letter/notice on your door; someone may have taken it.
The send you a letter in the mail; You are in Texas? Guess what?
They post a NOTICE in the local newspaper for 2-3 weeks. Do you get the Chronicle?

You probably don't have a leg to stand on, but, lets face it, you knew it was coming. What would you, could you have done?

Now, you are not there to receive the Cash-For-Keys moving money.

Good luck and may God bless
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 31, 2011
They would have been required to notify you. They have to post in on the home and in the news paper and online. They also would have mailed you a notification.

If they truly did non of these things, then you would have a case against them.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 26, 2015
The laws I have dealt with about matters of notification say something to the affect, If they tried to notify you they have met their requirement of doing so. Many people often refuse to accept the certified letter, but it does not matter as long as it was sent. They normally advertise the auction in the newspaper several times and they might consider that a notification. Of course I only play a lawyer on TV you need to speak to one but I don't think you will win the argument.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 31, 2011
Sorry to hear that. I imagine the laws in your state require ample notice. And if notices are not able to reach you by mail, they probably have the right to continue with notices in the local papers instead. That process takes longer.

If you feel they did nothing to contact you, one way or another, then you may wish to consult with an attorney. The laws on foreclosure are pretty strict, more so now than they used to be. Each side has specific rights and obligations, which may vary from state to state.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 31, 2011
At this point you may want to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate; if you cannot afford one contact your local Legal Aid Society, for a pro bono attorney, free.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 31, 2011
For legal advice, consult a lawyer, not a Realtor.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 31, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer