Foreclosure in Waco>Question Details

Denise, Home Owner in Waco, TX

i owe back property taxes waco texas and my home goes up for auction in 3 weeks i am trying to get the money what will happen if i do not meet the dea

Asked by Denise, Waco, TX Tue Aug 16, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Foreclosure in Waco

Answers

5
There is no better or easy way to say it your home will be auction off to have that debt paid in full and you and your family will be removed from the house. But it will have go through a process it usually takes 45 days for the new owner to re I've the deed and then a 30 day eviction notices has to be given to you and filed at the courts after the 30 days you are still there which I pray you will not be there a writ of eviction which is 5 days will be filed by the new owner and then a Constable will be knocking at the door with the new owner ready to put you and all of your personals on the side walk.
There is a redemption period, but you need to get busy and get those paid off. The interest rate is high when someone buys the tax lien.
There are tax loan services like http://www.genesistax.com and you can search texas property tax loans in google to likley find many other companies.
Do you want to remain in the house or sell it?
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
I suggest you go talk to Neighborworks and see if they have any programs that might help you. An an attorney.
Denise,

shoot me an email or give me a call if you want to keep your home OFF the tax sale. I'm an Austin-based real estate broker and investor who works with owners throughout Texas who fall behind on taxes or payments. I can be reached at: info@FastCash4AustinHomes.com or 512-507-5864. I'm not looking to purchase your home but depending on your objective, I can probably offer some options.

Guy E. Gimenez ABR, CRS, GRI
Broker / Owner / Investor
The PowerHouse Group
CMG Group, LLC
512-507-5864 direct
512-731-5613 direct
info@fastcash4austinhomes.com
Web Reference: http://www.phgbrokers.com
If some one does pick it up and pay for it in the auction you will have a Redemption Period after the auction is over that you will be able to pay the person who payed for it plus interest (I believe interest is around 24% so it is better to pay up before the auction if possible). If you do not pay up with interest during this redemption period you will lose the house to that person. There is a lot that can complicate this issue, including if this is your homestead or not which can determine the redemption period.

I have bought abandoned homes in tax foreclosure before (including in waco) in the past but never one in which was still occupied. Feel free to shoot me an email with any questions you might have I would be more than happy to help if I can. Remember, once the auction takes place you still have that redemption period so make sure to pay up by then (it should be at least 6 months at the minimum).