Foreclosure in Golfcrest>Question Details

Diana Chapa, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

i need real estate agent for this home

Asked by Diana Chapa, Houston, TX Tue Jan 22, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3076004270--Buena-Vista-St…

Answers

5
Diana ...

What you see is a notice posted by RealtyTrac, a reporting service specializing in financially distressed properties. It is not a listing ... in fact, the home probably isn’t even on the market. It could be at some later date, or may have already been sold. This is nothing more than a notification of foreclosure.. RealtyTrac doesn’t list or sell property, but simply compiles data from several sources, all public information. To learn more, you’d have to subscribe, although I see no reason to do so. The likelihood of purchasing anything based on a RealtyTrac notice is near zero … and while these postings do serve a purpose for those following market trends, they have no value to anyone looking for a home.

As for that very enticing number … unfortunately, it’s not the price you’d pay (as RealtyTrac would like for you to assume), but rather the amount in default, which would explain why it’s down to the dollar. It has absolutely no relation to what the property would sell for if it ever came on the market ... it’s not even close. If it were possible to purchase such a home for so little money, you’d have to get in line. While the attraction to a potential bargain is certainly understandable, if it looks too good to be true ….

Contrary to what those late-night real estate hustlers spew forth, it’s a myth that anyone can simply walk right up and purchase a foreclosure for pennies on the dollar. If it were that easy, wouldn’t we all be doing it? While the homes may be aggressively priced when first posted for sale, the strategy is to attract attention to the listings, and raise the stakes through a “bidding war.” In so many instances, foreclosures end up selling for more than the original asking price, and closer to market value.

Just about all of them need considerable work, well beyond cosmetic improvements ... sort of fixer-uppers on steroids. In a nutshell, they’re suited primarily for investors with deep pockets. I work with several, and see firsthand what these places go for, as well as what it takes to get them into marketable condition. It can be pretty serious money.

The terms of a foreclosure sale alone should be sufficient to drive all but the most sophisticated buyers away … “as-is, where-is, with all faults and defects.” Bottom line: it’s yours as it sits. In most cases, there’s an opportunity to inspect the property and void the transaction, but only after a contract is signed … and since the homes are generally in pretty rough shape, it’s imperative to have all major components checked out by experts.. The cost of these inspections is totally on the buyer, and is not reimbursable, irrespective of whether the sale ever closes. Further, in virtually no instance will the lienholder/seller make any allowances for repairs … “as-is, where-is” sums it up.

Ironically, you can likely purchase a great property in much better condition for about the same money … possibly less, considering what you’d have to spend to get most foreclosures into shape. I’ve had many instances of buyers looking for bank-owned property. In virtually every case, they ended up purchasing a great home in a more traditional manner, and have never regretted it.

It will be my pleasure to work with you toward finding that special place which best suits your family’s needs. My services and expertise come at no cost to you as a buyer. I trust that this helps. If I may be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards …

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
Hello Diana, I will be honored to represent you on this property. Be aware that in order to present an offer, you will need to present proof of funds if paying cash or a loan qualification letter from a lender for the amount of your offer.

Let me know if I can be of service.
BB BG BH
Mollie

I'll be more than happy to assist you with this purchase, or provide you any other real estate information to help you make the best decision. I've been in the real estate business for 14 years.

Nadeem

cell: 281-795-0715
nadeem@qrealty.biz
I will be glad to help you...call me
Diana,

The lot is for sale at $33,000, not the $24,500 posted here. The posting is not the listing Realtor.

ML #: 16588439 You can see the lot on http://www.HAR.com The contact information is there to speak to the Realtor representing the seller.

If you need help presenting an offer, let us know. You can drive by the lot and if it looks good, we can review sale comps. It has been on the market for almost a year.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.